Workflow to rig tank treads for animation scene (no game) in Unreal, please? O_o

Hey there! im not an animator and im completly stuck with this!

What i want is to rig my tank, and im talking about the treads. Its not for a game, but for animation scene inside Unreal.

And i dont know how to do it:

Should i rig it in maya? If i bake the animation in Maya and then put it on Unreal, the tank treads will not follow the unreal terrain… (the terrain will be created in unreal not in maya).

What workflow should i use, please?

Sorry for my bad english heh; I want the tank treads to be rigged to follow the unreal terrain, and i dont think if its just rigged will do that. Or yes?

Thank you for your time!!

ANyone, please?

Animate it in Maya and import the animation. Then drive the speed of the animation depending on the speed of the vehicle with animation blueprint and tweak it until it matches the current speed of the vehicle.

Hey Siterc, thanks for the response.

The problem with that is still the same…If i animate it in maya, then the tank treads would not follow the terrain in Unreal… Thats my real problem.

Oh sorry, I thought you meant the speed of them wouldn’t match.

Check this thread: [ASSETS] [OPEN SOURCE] Tanks, tracks and N-wheeled vehicles - Work in Progress - Unreal Engine Forums
I think that might help.

Why not export the terrain from Unreal into Maya and then use a standard animation rig for tank treads in Maya? If it’s not a game, shouldn’t matter.