OSC Utility - easy saving and recalling of data

Hi,
Recently I’ve been working with some colleagues to produce some utilities for UE4 to create an electro-acoustic composition which involved spatialization of sounds, movement following pre-defined patterns and some serialism stuff.

As well as the various methods of playing back soundfiles, we also needed real time control / triggering of sounds using OSC data so that the project could be controlled by two performers using iPads. We used the excellent OSC Plugin created by Monsieurgustav, and while it does work well and is easy to setup it didn’t quite offer the functionality that we needed – Namely the ability to save the OSC addresses used as control data, recall these between sessions and set up easily managed routing of the different incoming OSC data within the project.

So, I built something that did…

I produced a BP actor that can be dropped into the level and will sit there receiving any incoming OSC data and parsing it according to some user defined settings so that individual addresses can be used to control functions within the project.

I’ve written a short blog post describing the system along with a link to download a small demo project illustrating it’s use - in case anyone else might find this usefuhttps://teedstuff.wordpress.com/2017/06/18/osc-utility/

it sounds great. I will check it out. Thanks for your sharing

This is awesome teed! Thanks for sharing! Sounds like a perfect use for a BP actor. Can now use OSC to drive synth and effect params.