Is this possible in UE4, please?

Hi there!

What i want to do is make some real streets (around 6 or 7) from my city in UE4.
The thing is, i need more or less exact dimensions. I know i can get the streets dimensions from google earth, but i was wondering if is there a way to get all the googledata and import it to Unreal (or to a 3d program like C4d or maya).

Because i also need the streets inclination and high, and thats not so easy to model from scratch.

Any tip would be great, thank you!! :smiley:

oh and have a nice day!

There’s some free sites like https://terrain.party/ that let you download height data, but nothing that will be accurate to the street level.

Also look at some of the other threads on this topic.

Thanks for the help. thats interesting.
But more for big terrains, i only want some streets. And i dont really need the 3d models, only a guide to make my own ones.

I can get a good map from openstreet, but all the streets are in the same level (high)

You can get some good satellite photos that you could then model off of (something you would do in a 3D modeling program like C4D/Maya/3ds Max/Blender/etc.)
But outside of that the only way to get a more accurate representation would be to do something like 3D photogrammetry, where you would go out with a good DSLR and take many photos of the location and use a program like Agisoft Photoscan to build a 3D model from the photos.

I know there is a DEM-Plugin for Cinema 4D that reads height data stored in DEM-Format and is able to create geometry from that.
Not sure how detailed it can be. I guess it depends on the resolution of the input data.

But you might be able to get a general topologic map of the area, overlay your streets map and then adjust the streets height to the underlaying ground.

Maybe there are other solutions like a smartphone app that can display your exact GPS coordinates including height above the ocean level and you just walk these streets and messure the height on certain points.

In the end, it doesn’t have to be accurate to the inch, just good enough to make ppl think it’s the same.

Totally this!