User Tag List

Thread: Stylized Fantasy Dungeon

Wink Stylized Fantasy Dungeon

Hi all, I've been working on side-scroller stylized dungeon for quite a while now. I wonder what you guys think.

Honestly ?
    I'm in love with the atmosphere you created and the assets look really awesome !
    French Game Designer - Game Designer/Prototyper
    Unreal Marketplace Assets : Options Menu Kit

Quote Originally Posted by Crysux View Post
    Honestly ?
    I'm in love with the atmosphere you created and the assets look really awesome !
    Thank you for the kind words!

Looks very well done. I like the 3rd image's layout & lighting.

Looks real great! I'm always a sucker for giant chains.
    Check out our game Arcus!

Quote Originally Posted by StevenWaltherMedia View Post
    Looks real great! I'm always a sucker for giant chains.
    Yeah, I know. Me too for some reason.

Hey there

It's looking great!

However, the biggest issue when dealing with side scroller games is how well you visually "layer" the environment: what is the main road, what are the background elements, what are the interactive elements in the foreground and so on and so forth.

Here on the screenshots you provided I can only see "environment" as a whole even if I can make my imagination work and visualize these different layers. I'd like to see some work on this matter.

But all in all, I love the rendering effect on the textures which look really neat and the mood / ambiant lightning is pretty well done.

Keep up the good work

EDIT: Also it's hard to see if you worked on a parallax system for your background elements with only screenshots, I'd be super excited to see it moving!

EDIT2: I tend to look at things from a Game Design perspective, artistically speaking it's looking awesome
    Last edited by Yun-Kun; 06-30-2017 at 02:52 PM.
    [WIP - Plugin] Multiplayer Combat Editor
    A-RPG Sacred Swords
    Youtube Tutorials

Elliot Yun - Game Designer, Prototyper
    Ryse Up Studios - France

Quote Originally Posted by Yun-Kun View Post
    Hey there

It's looking great!

However, the biggest issue when dealing with side scroller games is how well you visually "layer" the environment: what is the main road, what are the background elements, what are the interactive elements in the foreground and so on and so forth.

Here on the screenshots you provided I can only see "environment" as a whole even if I can make my imagination work and visualize these different layers. I'd like to see some work on this matter.

But all in all, I love the rendering effect on the textures which look really neat and the mood / ambiant lightning is pretty well done.

Keep up the good work

EDIT: Also it's hard to see if you worked on a parallax system for your background elements with only screenshots, I'd be super excited to see it moving!

EDIT2: I tend to look at things from a Game Design perspective, artistically speaking it's looking awesome
    Thanks for the feedback! I will post an update as soon as I get a character in there. For the walls - it's not parallax, that's geometry. I really like how actual models look like, parallax can be a little tricky plus it's more expensive.

amazing work! I can't deny I am quite jealous of your skills!
    The asset does look hi-poly though in terms of tris, is that right? I say this while looking at the ruin wall especially
    nice one, keep it up

Quote Originally Posted by Frainstra View Post
    amazing work! I can't deny I am quite jealous of your skills!
    The asset does look hi-poly though in terms of tris, is that right? I say this while looking at the ruin wall especially
    nice one, keep it up
    Yes, it's quite high poly, even so, it's cheaper to render, than parallax.
    Thanks for the feedback!

Aren't all these assets from the tutorial pluralsight?

Quote Originally Posted by ZeonWare View Post
    Which course? Could be the OP just used the course to actually create these scenes....not the actual assets.

teak
    "A little bit of nonsense now and then is cherished by the wisest men..."
    -- Willy Wonka

twitter: @teak421 -- Smooth Zoom Camera Plugin for 4.14+: here.
    Source Build with Optional Plugin Tutorial: here.

They are not =) I created everything myself from start to finish.

Quote Originally Posted by teak421 View Post
    Which course? Could be the OP just used the course to actually create these scenes....not the actual assets.

teak
    No and no.

Quote Originally Posted by Cruddynight View Post
    No and no.
    I figured and I meant no disrespect. I create stuff from tutorials (BP / C++) all the time... I couldn't create what you created as I can't make a stick figure.

teak
    -- Willy Wonka

https://creative.pluralsight.com/tutorial/2153-Sculpting-a-Stylized-Game-Environment-in-ZBrush-and-3ds-Max this is the course i am talking about, sorry just seems a little bit uncanny the first picture im talking about as the floor and walls are exactly the same mesh's and textures

Last edited by ZeonWare; 07-10-2017 at 06:31 PM.

https://creative.pluralsight.com/tutorial/2153-Sculpting-a-Stylized-Game-Environment-in-ZBrush-and-3ds-Max this is the course i am talking about, sorry just seems a little bit uncanny the first picture im talking about as the floor and walls are exactly the same mesh's and textures

Take a closer look. This is the screenshot of my wall and floor meshes. And then take a look at tutorials image.

Quote Originally Posted by teak421 View Post
    I figured and I meant no disrespect. I create stuff from tutorials (BP / C++) all the time... I couldn't create what you created as I can't make a stick figure.

teak
    Don't worry about it. =) I tend to have trouble with simple BP for instance.

I'm no artist, but I do not see what you are talking about. I mean, we could go grab thousands of images and maybe do a comparison. Odd.

teak
    -- Willy Wonka

Infiltrator
    when is this comming in marketplace??

Quote Originally Posted by sandy234 View Post
    when is this comming in marketplace??
    I don't know yet, I'm waiting for Epic guys to set the date.

This is amazing!! Can't wait for it to hit the marketplace!

Can you maybe give a heads up on this thread when you have more information? I am really interested in buying this from the marketplace!

The assets created in the tutorial have a similar style to this man's fine work, but they aren't the same assets. It is obvious he created these himself. Nice work, man!

Supporter
    Awsome, good work, friend!

Thanks everyone! I don't have the release date yet. But as soon as I get it - you will know.

Supporter
    Absolutely great aesthetics. What kind of visual style for characters will you have in it ? more cartoony or realistic?

Supporter
    im honestly downloading ue4 right now and if this is what a person can do in it, i think i will try.

Woah!!! Amazing work!! I would like to see it in action

Quote Originally Posted by PyxelFox View Post
    Absolutely great aesthetics. What kind of visual style for characters will you have in it ? more cartoony or realistic?
    Thanks! I was going for Stylized PBR. So, not too cartoony. Something in the middle.

Fantastic! How did you achieve those fantastic graphics and lighting?

Quote Originally Posted by Harv10 View Post
    Fantastic! How did you achieve those fantastic graphics and lighting?
    Practise, I suppose. I am planning to do a tutorial on this. But not yet. Quite busy at the moment.

Wow this is really amazing work! Could you post a couple pictures of wireframes?
    Thanks mate!