UnrealLightmass - bake over internet

Hi guys, I’m handling a work that user can pre-compute lighting for levels on server. With poor experience using UDK, I can hardly figure out how it work though I read source code of Swarm and Lightmass almost ten days. Can someone help me? thx.

What is the situation you’re looking at? Swarm is designed to distribute rendering across a local network, are you trying to have it where someone could upload a level to a server where it would be baked and then send the result back? You’d probably have to create some tool outside of UE4 to initiate the bake when a new job is submitted.

Thank you for answer, and is it possible to hide the GUI(only unreallightmass run) and what should I do?

emmm…I can’t open the GUI all the time and it’s not convenient to handle different request from client.

You could make a VPN and simulate a local environment

I think it’s possible to use command line to start a job with Swarm but I haven’t messed with Swarm much so I’m not sure.

It’s not a good enough to change the user’s network environment, anyway thx.

In fact, I’m working to make a map editor so there’s some demands strange, as few people may met. I’ll try it and thx for your help.