Part of my model is transparent?

Hi, I have recently tried to import a palm tree mesh into ue4, however, the leaves are transparent? They are not a material, and I textured them in Autodesk Maya 2016. Here is a picture: HELPMEPLES — ImgBB

HELPMEPLES — ImgBB You need to copy and paste this, dont use the hyperlink.

Looks like your material isn’t set up properly, at the very least you probably need to set the material to 2-sided

Make sure that the blend mode of your material is set to translucent (or masked if you’re using alpha masked textures, which is the best solution for foliage since it allows you to use normal maps and specular maps). Then drag the grey pin at the bottom of your texture node (below the red, green and blue pins) to the opacity pin. And make sure that you tick the two sided box in the menu at the left of the screen (material editor window).

i didnt use a material for it, I only made that material to try and fix. I imported the fbx from maya 2016. The trunk has textures, but the leaves dont? Also, if you look close you can see the outline of the leaves? But not the colour :frowning:

It seems to be a simple transparency problem, you can send me a link to the mesh and I’ll fix it for you.

here you go: Dropbox - File Deleted

Can you perhaps tell me what you did? Thanks.

Sorry for the late reply. The problem is simple, there are no textures inside that fbx file. If you open the material inside unreal you’ll see that there are only blank white textures attached to the base color slots.

Aha, its fine :smiley: How can i use textures in the fbx file?