Help adding a widget to a vertical scrollbox to my main HUD widget from the FirstPersonCharacter BP

As the title says, I would like some help adding my button widget to a vertical scroll box located in my main HUD widget from the FirstPersonCharacter Blueprint. Right now it only works if added from my HUD widget. I want to move as much in to my first person character blueprint as possible so I don’t have to use as many event dispatchers, and I think it makes it easier to work on things. If anyone knows of a better place I should be putting all my inventory stuff then please let me know. Thanks

I am using:
• 1 FirstPersonCharacter blueprint
• 1 Main HUD widget - named: InventoryHUD
• 1 Button widget to add to the vertical scroll box in my Main HUD widget. - named: InventoryItemButton

Below is how it looks and works in my main HUD widget;

Here is what I was testing just to see if I could get the button to go in the vertical scroll box from the FirstPersonCharacter blueprint. I left the loop and other stuff out hoping I could narrow down why it isn’t showing up. I am able to directly add it to viewport but then it just sits at the top left of the HUD screen lol. I need it added as a child.

Thanks for taking a look :slight_smile:

I’m still hung up on this :frowning:

Looks like you’re doing it right. Throw some print strings in there and make sure that everything is valid (Inventory Item Button, Inventory HUD Widget, etc).

I added a valid in there but it fires ok, I wonder if I’m overlooking something very simple.

I still need this figured out any examples, links or help would be appreciated, thanks

I figured it out, it was something simple that I over looked, I forgot to set my HUD widget after creating it.

e91781a7c1846e3f019c1c42db3b4c3bf46e0990.jpeg

Can a moderator mark as solved please, thanks