does udk work well with Windows 10?

I was planning on moving to w10 but im not sure if it will support udk.Found this thread:

So have anyone tryed it?

Here are some of the issues and bugs users are stumbling upon during and after the installation of the Windows 10 Creators Update for PC.

Installation problems
Drivers problems
Performance problems
Feature problems
Big features missing

Anything with THOSE problems, i wouldn’t look for much to work properly. I am not sure why anyone would go to the Creators version anyways, seems a little out of Microsofts league.
I can tell you i had no issues with the small amount of stuff i did do, in Windows 10 Home edition.

So just decline on the update and maintain the thing as stock i supose?
Im not sure who loud need that stupid paint 3d.

I don-t have any problems with win 10 and UDK, networking works perfectly I tried several Hamachi lan games with UDK with mates.

that update wasn’t even offered to me.
Looking it up, looks like you have to opt into it.

Thanks Frank.The only reason ive said w10 is because i was planing on moving to those new amd cpus and i unerstand that they are not updated/accepted/supported maybe on win7 and 8.1 thanks to Microsoft being chiky???
This is probably a question i shoud ask in a more hardware forum.

Everything worked fine for me in Windows 10 until the Creators Update. It was a major pain, first off trying to find out what went wrong, and after that, rolling back the update. For me, the game worked fine, but the editor would not save packages. Any attempt to save packages in the Creators Update would just crash the editor.

Has anyone here installed the Creators Update and have a working UDK editor? I know these phased update rollouts they’re doing are basically a forced beta test. I’m hoping that now (maybe a month after my experience?) the Creators Update doesn’t kill UDK.

It crashes to me when saving, but what I saved gets saved so I don-t care much about this problem/

I know im not a “full time UDK” user, but, Windows 10 Home, without the OPTIONAL Creators Package thing, runs fine. I have NOT done extensive testing and only have done minimal work on the necro map thing when i was asked, but, i didnt have issues saving or loading or anything else.

I have been on Windows 10 since release day and never have signed up, or, opted’ in for the Creators Update thing. Looking it up, its something you opt’ in for, not auto-download. I have not heard anything about issues with Windows 10 in general.

franktech saving editor assets is. but really UDK works so well in comparison to UE4 for me UE4 it’s full of bugs and idk I use it it’s good but the bugs and the problems and the time you need to wait push me back to my origins in game dev, UDK.

works fine for me with win 10 pro with Creators update
@Neongho
im with you about udk
ue4 is unusable because of bugs (mainly physics related) and probably not the best for potential players because of the humongous rig you need to play a game made with ue4
ive been struggling with unity for ages and i am yearning for the ease and familiarity of udk, i got to the point i could make an entire multiplayer game (prototype) of my choosing within days

if i can find a free matchmaking solution for udk i will go back and start from scratch in a heartbeat

No man, that’s exactly the opposite of true for home users. Windows 10 Creators Update is a mandatory download. You can only keep clicking the snooze button to put it off. Or you can jump through some major hoops to make Windows not download it (like setting your internet connection to metered, which works only for wifi connections), and even more hoops to stop reminding you about it (like changing the permissions of the executable that makes the popup). For enterprise users, you can create rules for when to download and install updates, and you can just decide not to install the Creators Update.

Windows 10 Creators Update FAQ: Everything you need to know | PCWorld “There’s no way for home users to opt out of the upgrade.”

A few months ago, people could choose to try it out if they were in the Windows Insider program. But now we’re past that phase, and now Microsoft is in full rollout of their unpaid beta test to unlucky users.

I’m a little worried about releasing my game, which will have the editor included, if everyone is running the Creators Update and it’s incompatible with the editor. But if you and @tegleg have no problems, then maybe Microsoft has improved the Creators Update’s compatibility.

interesting, i have Win10 home and i dont have it. fully updated. maybe they changed the name?

type 3d into the start menu, thats how i found out i had this update.
if paint 3d is there you have it

Its funny, my laptop just got it tonight, but, my desktop never got it at all …

I’d use Windows 7 because of “Installing Microsoft Visual C++ 2008”… I would say by a hunch, it’s more optimised for Windows 7. Windows 10 = UE4, Windows 7 = UDK.