Windows Audio Capture (WAC)

Windows Audio Capture (WAC) is an Unreal Engine 4 plugin that captures live audio from the windows default audio device and analyse it to frequency values.

Practically you can create any audio visualisation through Unreal Engine’s BP system by adding custom nodes that react live with your windows audio.

Demo: Dropbox - WAC_Demo.rar - Simplify your life (Now with VR Support)

Github : GitHub - kwstasg/WAC: UE4 Visualization Plugin - Windows Audio Capture (WAC) is an Unreal Engine 4 plugin that captures live audio from the windows default audio device and analyse it to frequency values. for UE v4.15 and v4.16

Hey man, I just found this plugin seems like it might be what I needed. Any plans to release a beta for UE5 ? I tried using the 4.25 version on UE5 and it didn’t work.

1 Like

I assume by looking at comments here that this plugin is dead…

Works great on 4.25 but won’t run or package in 4.26 or higher.

Seems to be no updated forks on github either. Unfortunate.

Hello there was one line that made the error, i fixed it and its on my github here, so it works on 5.1
Remember you gotta play in standalone game

faxcorp/WAC: UE4 Visualization Plugin - Windows Audio Capture (WAC) but fixed to work on 5.1 (github.com)

1 Like

The updated version of faxcorp will report errors when there is no audio in the system. I made some changes to make it work properly