Hand Attached Watch

Hello everyone,

As you can see in the link, how can i attach functional watch and date on the hand ? Any tutorial or idea would be great !

Imgur

Regards

quick way… attach a widget to your bp motion controller

@generico thank you for idea but how can i make this watch functional (simple digital watch showing current time) ?

Create a widget, create a text field, create a variable from the field. Go to the event tick, and set the text for the variable of the text field. To generate the time, use Now -> Break, and BuildString (int)

For your wirst like generico said, but in in the controller blueprint as a widget component and once you want to interact with it you use a widget interaction component, define the event that should be generated (Trigger Pressed -> LeftmouseClick Pressed) and a button / silder etc. in the widget class to react on your input, but you can find good tutorials with the search term widget interaction component.

Thank you man @Hilarius86 i will try and post here…

Cheers

Widget component is quite heavy in terms of performance, especially in VR. I’d recommend to use timer instead of tick (you only need to update a watch once per second, right?) and - more important - set RedrawTime property of the Widget component to 1.0. If you want to use this watch to show something else besides a time, use RequestRedraw method.

Hello Dear All,

@Hilarius86 @YuriNK, guys im really stuck if you can give me further info according to images it would be really grateful for me: how can i effect (showing time and date of windows) on to that texts (date_text & time_text) via now/break date time/buildstring or any other way ? In the widget i used buttons btw, i will add some functions after that challenge…

1.JPG

2.JPG

Cheers

(time text) -> SetText
And use FormatText {hours}:{minutes}:{seconds} instead of BuildString.

Hey @YuriNK thank you very much, perfectly working now, here the result if you need to build for your own project guys!

dca0ac763ec86ab5824da0c1b344723b67e60691.jpeg

Cheers