Replicating Physics effects from gun blueprint

I have a system built in my gun blueprint that checks for physics objects overlapping a cone I made for the front of my gun and then if it has a physics object overlapping AND has the right mouse button held then it will apply certain force onto the overlapped physics object. My issue is that it doesn’t seem to work at all in a multiplayer setting. Absolutely nothing happens on either end when I hold down the right mouse button(it works perfect on single player though). I set everything up like it should be but it just doesn’t do anything. If someone had any recommendations as what to try or do it’d be much appreciated.

You have to make sure the physics object you are interacting with is replicating information about its physics bodies from server to clients.

Depending on how accurate/smooth you want the physics to be, you could be looking at a rather large can of worms that needs opening… :stuck_out_tongue:

The physics object has already been dealt with. I have it replicating pretty smoothly so far. I can interact with the physics object fine and it works perfectly on both client and server but for some reason this force that I am trying to add onto the physics object just isnt working at all in multiplayer. Works fine in single player.

This would indicate that replicating information about the physics bodies from the server to the client has not been fully dealt with :frowning:

I would confirm that the basic physics from the server are being replicated correctly to the client before you do anything else involving forces.

So what you’re saying is that I need to replicate my physics body information for the “ball ref” variable so each client understands where the ball is?

Yes, but the problem is getting it to do so in a smooth way.

If you make it purely server authoritative, objects will seem to lag behind where the local client expects them to be.

Need some sort of additional prediction/smoothing to solve this.

You might not be understanding my situation fully. The ball that I am trying to add a force to works fine in my game with replication. It can be hit by both client and server and be seen in the same place at the same time by each party. The issue is that the ball doesn’t react to any of my force from this blueprint that I have shared here(neither client nor server). I have an entirely different blueprint for the ball which replicates it all great right now. So basically if I wanted to play my game with no gun and just my characters it would be doable. The ball would replicate fine. But the problem I have is trying to make this physics gun that can interact with that replicated ball and show up on both parties(client and server).