Random Sequence Player should allow exposing entries by pin

23b16a282c8530d24c2842df4d7f1486.png&stc=1

624886495d7fc2324e2b55ba93ef4b85.png&stc=1

As you can see in the above images, playing an animation sequence allows you to expose the sequence as a pin whereas the Random Sequence Player does not.

It would be quite handy for playing a collection of sequences randomly set programmatically from another blueprint or the event graph if this entries list is exposed as a pin.

Yes please! Even if it’s just an array pin, no need for a fancy “Add Option Pin” function or anything.

1 Like

+1 for this.

Hey, thanks for the suggestion, I’m sending this request in for consideration. Please feel free to flush out any additional details.

Don’t need anything else other than Random Sequence Player to expose its properties as pins, like every other anim node.

What about an actual “Sequence Player”, which has multiple Animations as an input, and plays them sequentially in a loop?

The Blend Poses by Enuim still has no inputs by default

That sounds like a job for anim montages, but yes, expose pin for aaaall the things!

I would very much like this also!

This sounds like a good suggestion, we’ll see if we can get to it in a future release, thank you!

Except that Montages are evaluated differently, you can’t use them in a state for example.

Any updates on this? Not having pins exposed precludes our team from using random sequence

I was able to make the necessary code changes in https://github.com/EpicGames/UnrealEngine/pull/5630 . Cheers,

Can we set the Sync Group with this now??

I’m getting a 404 on that link.

You have to be logged in to see the Engine Github code
However, I compiled these changes in my engine and they didn’t seem to do anything.

Did you click the node and click the “eye” button in the details panel?

It’s just ridiculous that this request was posted 2 years ago and nothing has changed.

1 Like

We need this please! It would be really useful!

Still nothing I see

Bump?