Right Click Set Nodes To Enable Print String Debugging

Bit of an odd title, but I would like to be able to right click a blueprint node and enable some sort of debug option, similar to how breakpoints are enabled, that causes the node to trigger some form of Print String automatically detailing what the Set Node is setting.

This can be useful in cases where a breakpoint is a bit overkill and you need to monitor the node while the game is running in real time, especially in networked situations. This also saves blueprint editors the time it takes to create a print string and route it into the bp logic, which is a fairly common practice.

Awwww yeah. Want.

Huh, it should be a quite easy addition for built-in, non-containers.

Neat idea. Maybe it could print watched variable to the log or something. I’ll pass the idea along, thanks!

It’d be nicer if it just showed the current / last values of the node outputs directly above it whilst running!

We had already a very similar request/discussion Blueprint variable Print String fast switch. - Feedback for Unreal Engine team - Unreal Engine Forums
didn’t turn out too well…
Unreal Engine Issues and Bug Tracker (UE-37333)

I think the important difference here is that it should be a right click option like toggle breakpoint and not a checkbox that is always visible.

The thread opener used a checkbox as example, but most people on the discussion (which was linked on the issue) agreed that right click would be the better option so I don’t see too much of a difference tbh, anyway maybe we are lucky and a new feature request will get through.