GearVR Android - adb error: more than one device/emulator

Hi all,

I am inexperienced when it comes to packaging and installing onto Android and I have hit a wall here. Any help/advice from you would be really appreciated.

I have followed the GearVR Prerequisites page to the letter:
https://docs.unrealengine.com/latest/INT/Platforms/GearVR/Prerequisites/

I have already successfully loaded a previous project onto my mobile device with no problems, I have searched for hours now and I just can’t seem to figure out what I have changed or what I am doing wrong.

I have made a basic scene in 4.16.1 and have packaged up the project for Android deployment. When I attempt to run the batch file to install onto my mobile device I get this error:

**error: more than one device/emulator
adb: error: connect failed: more than one device/emulator

• waiting for device -
    error: more than one device/emulator

There was an error installing the game or the obb file. Look above for more info.

Things to try:
Check that the device (and only the device) is listed with “ADB$ devices” from a command prompt.
Make sure all Developer options look normal on the device
Check that the device has an SD card.
Press any key to continue . . .**

When I run - adb devices, i get:

List of devices attached
emulator-5580 offline
123456789(mydevice) device

I have ran the cmd - adb kill-server, then re-ran adb devices and I get:

List of devices attached
123456789(mydevice) device

If I try to run the install batch file it starts to install onto the device but then stops citing the same error.

Thanks for taking the time to read and any help would be great!

You can run the install batch file with the device id as a parameter. In this case, 123456789.

Thanks for the reply.

You’ll have to forgive my lack of knowledge here.

Could you explain how I do that?

Thanks again.

If your project was “MyProject”, for example, just run the install batch like this:

Install_MyProject_Development-armv7-es2.bat 123456789