A little ArchViz animation

This is an animation I set up in a furniture test room. I have been trying to get/make some better more modern and realistic looking (low poly) unreal assets. And I played around with light coming from smaller light sources or being just bounce light from the sun.

I used multiple shots in sequencer and arranged them in a shots track, something I haven’t done yet. It is so much better than matinee was.

Nothing crazy in here. Lighting setting out of the box more or less. Lighting in 4.16 seems to be a lot better than in previous versions. Polycount of most objects below 2000. Largest light map for assets probably 256, most are 64/128.
Comments are welcome.

Nice Job!
it could get better you know…
do you use postproductionvolume?
and i’m assuming you use “movable” Directional light as Sun?!

Hi Shahdezh, sorry for the late reply

Yes it always can get better :). This is really just a test room.

I only do a little bit of de-saturation in the post process volume in this scene (mostly because I want to see how the assets look like in standard light).
I use a stationary directional light with a dynamic shadow distance (it bakes shadows, movable lights don’t bake shadows). But most light inside comes from the smaller light sources. Skylight is set to 1 I think.

I’m trying to not use very high poly assets. I strongly believe that high poly count and quality are not necessarily related. I’m not the greatest modeler myself but I see a lot of high poly stuff floating around and some of it doesn’t even have chamfers. Lots of polygons with pretty much gaining no extra detail.

But if you would like to make a certain suggestion how to improve some of the stuff please let me know, I really just started 2 years ago doing some architectural scenes.

Hello again, i work with the engine for quiet some time now, since 2014 i think, before that i worked with udk.
your work is good, But pleeeeease set maximum and minimum brightness to the same number in post production settings , something like " 1 " to prevent the animation from getting darker and brighter.
and remember, choose your background musics carefully, it can show turn everything about your animation around!
Good Luck

I would choose a camera lens with less depth of field. Your choice has (almost) all detail in foreground and background, focused equally. Playing with depth of field and focus, can enhance your “selling” points, those particulars of most interest in each shot.

Having said that, I would like to be in the positition to have made my first video… Still new in UE4, so my comments are comparing you to others and a general feeling by proffession. My renderings are as yet, still images.

Shahdezh, has a point about brightness - and contrast I would add.

Thanks guys, your feedback did help me improve my current project. I’ll post a first walk through recording soon.