After 7 days...

This is what I did after 7 days of usage UE4. ( I did not use it before that’s why I did many mistakes in this images).
I use modified version of BaseLightMass.ini ( from UE4Arch ) and I do not know if I do it right.
C&C welcome.

After this first 7 days this what makes me ill with UE is:

• inefficient network ( cores usage ) for lightmap computation
  • I am unable to record video from seqencer ( even if in fullscreen view port animation goes smoothly - I use GTX 1080 + i7-4770k)
  • engine is not out-of-the-box prepared for ArchViz and good GI

Is there something going on to improve quality in UE4? I saw some topics and images about VXGI, but I do not know how to to use it in UE.

I only suggest you one thing, don’t mess with the BaseLightMass.ini if you don’t know what are you doing. default ini work just fine.

look here…
https://forums.unrealengine.com/showthread.php?55604-Noob-question-about-BaseLightmass-ini&p=724222#post724222
I will mess with Lightmass config… for sure.
Even if I do not know what I am exactly doing in that config :slight_smile:

Good work considering the timeframe. Few thing spotted (minor):

1. 0:50, dinner table reflection is too glossy
  2. 1:06, the gray chair in the middle could potentially move a bit downward to simulate the force interaction between furn and floor (also enhance the shadow), otherwise it looks a bit floating
  3. 1:17, reflection on tv is spherical, could change to box, also the 2 black band on the right is reflecting weirdly

But don’t worry, reflection issues are something all of us have and some can take days to tweak.

Using a modified lightmass is totally normal in ArchViz, in another way speaking using normal ini is a sort of disrespect of ArchViz. As long as your workstation/cluster can handle the lightmass, then it’s fine.

Looks great! What sources did you use to create that? I mean, somebody’s sources, tutorials, anything else specific or you just messing around? I never used unreal before too (only c4d plus octane) and I want to create something like this — simple and good looking.

Also, I don’t know, how to write private here. So, I wrote you a message at artstation.

Thanks. I am still learning UE.
I made recently this:

I used my blender models ( furniture and lamps made myself ), and some Evermotion assets in this first crappy video I made.
My recent works are much better.
I started learning UE4 with UDEMY and then this forum and YT tutorials.