Packaged Game Starts Full Screen

In UE4.16.0, the packaged build always starts full screen instead of windowed. I’m used to 4.7.6, in which the game would open up in Windowed mode. Is there any way to change this back? I’ve been searching for an option but I can’t seem to find one. BTW, I’m packaging this for Windows, seeing as I have Windows 10.

You can try to set the size of your window in the GameUserSettings.ini file (FullscreenMode=2)

0 is fullscreen
1 is windowed fullscreen
2 is windowed

or you could do it in your blueprint. Just add a event begin play node in your level blueprint + a console command + add r.SetRes 900x500w into the console command :slight_smile:

[/Script/Engine.GameUserSettings]
bUseVSync=False
ResolutionSizeX=900
ResolutionSizeY=500
LastUserConfirmedResolutionSizeX=900
LastUserConfirmedResolutionSizeY=500
WindowPosX=-1
WindowPosY=-1
FullscreenMode=2
LastConfirmedFullscreenMode=2
PreferredFullscreenMode=2
Version=5
AudioQualityLevel=0
FrameRateLimit=0.000000
DesiredScreenWidth=900
bUseDesiredScreenHeight=False
DesiredScreenHeight=500
LastRecommendedScreenWidth=-1.000000
LastRecommendedScreenHeight=-1.000000
LastCPUBenchmarkResult=-1.000000
LastGPUBenchmarkResult=-1.000000
LastGPUBenchmarkMultiplier=1.000000
bUseHDRDisplayOutput=False
HDRDisplayOutputNits=1000

I’ve tried setting those values to 0, 1, and 2, but It’s still full screen every time I package it and run it… And when I execute the console command, the game is smaller, but it isn’t windowed. I’m not sure what’s going on… The settings above are my current GamerUserSettings.ini.

Same, still in 4.18.2

Anybody has an update on this?
I’m using 4.17 and it still starts in full screen for packaged game, no matter what.
I’m running VR app (“-vr” and “-Windowed” by the way)

I have the same issue, this is very annoying because my preferred mode is windowed. Can someone from Epic at least tell us how to fix it in our engine build?

Edit: Nevermind, found this link that show how to get this working:

https://answers.unrealengine/questions/670355/packaged-game-starts-fullscreen.html

1 Like