Shiny Ninjas | Online Stealth Brawler

This is a project I’ve been working on and off. It’s a smaller project where I want to try out and learn new things, and keep it a bit unique :slight_smile:

Official Steam Store Page
Personal Twitter

Strike at Night
The heirs to the four, light weapon wielding, “Shining Clans” are tasked to eliminate the head of their rival clans. Since they all embark on the same night, stealth and tactical thinking is most sought after to successfully defend one’s home while eliminating the others.

Shiny Ninjas is an Instant Kill Brawler, where one utilizes light to take out the enemy or defeat their clan leader.

This project was originally prototyped in Unity as a Local Party Game. Now I’m going to recreate it in Unreal to make it into an Online Multiplayer.

Key Features
2.5D Stealth Action Brawler
2-4 Player (Online or Local)
Traditional Japanese Flair

Dash forward with a Light-Infused attack, to dispose of enemies or pass through illuminated barriers. Your strategy must change constantly to react to enemy behavior.

Trailer
“If light travels so fast, how come it’s never caught a ninja?”

https://youtube.com/watch?v=BXCA1GZqiH4

Screenshots
Those are taken from the old prototype and the graphic is a matter of change :slight_smile:

Comments and critiques are welcome! Updates will follow. Thanks for reading :slight_smile:

Reserved for Updates

Gameplay loop, Abilities, and Interfaces implemented. The whole Game runs with full Controller Support.
All the Audio Sliders and Switch between Male and Female voice as well.

Improved Lighting and added a Post Process Material. Still needs some work on it.
Added a Sword Trail Dash Particle WIP

The video also shows the PreGame Lobby where the player can play till all players are ready (joined) and the match starts.

Progress Screenshots Ambient Particles and a lot of minors Improvements

Let me know what you think any feedback is appreciated.

Hi Short Update

Shiny Ninjas gets an interface localization for German & traditional Chinese.
I also updated the Store page with new screenshots.

Store Page in German will come soon.

Have a nice day :slight_smile:

It’s now possible to create/join an online session with your local session. :smiley: