Dedicated server voice chat.

Has anyone figured out how to get a steam dedicated server to work with voice chat? I seen a post on it but the post was from back in 2015…not sure if there is anything better…

or what system should be used to accomplish this

Had this working in UE4.14, but it seems UE4.15 broke it.
I can’t tell you whether UE4.16 fixes it or not, as we are yet to switch to that version of the engine.
We’ve also just stopped using the OnlineSubsystemSteam plugin in favour of a combination of UWorks and OnlineSubsystemNull.

We’re about to see how VOIP goes with OnlineSubsystemNull.

Any luck on how to get this working with dedicated server?

Has anyone been able to figure out how to get voice chat working with 4.16. Steam dedicated server?

Nope, haven’t had the chance.
Its on the list, but other things have priority.

Understood. Is the project that you are currently working on public?

Yes, the title in my signature.

Staying on topic, for me to get Steam running with 3D VOIP required C++ changes (prior to 4.15.x).

Other people have had VOIP working with Blueprints, with or with out the Advanced Sessions plugin, I don’t know.
Might be worth looking at if you haven’t already.

i had it working before as well but i am not sure what was changed…its hard to test voip alone lol

Networking and Voice are hard alone. Even more when doing VR. For voice tests I set up Virtual Audio Cable to redirect output (ue4) -> input (mic) on the remote system. So I can speak to Unreal, it sends the data to the remote client and the remote client sends it back to me, so I will hear my own voice with a small delay.

Hello,

You can use this plugin for voice chat, it works Cross-platform on Windows, Android, iOS.

You can do global, team and proximity voice chat.
It is optimized with the usage of opus codec,
and you can choose microphone sampling rate and number of channels, you can also get the raw Pcm data of microphone input.