project:TAG

this is a personal project that I have started, and its been almost a year since I started to plan to create a game. So far, this is what I’ve done with the battle system/mechanics:

So… you are a big fan of Vagrant Story (and maybe a little NieR?) too? :rolleyes:

Nice first project btw, the combo system is cool, what is your future plan with the game? :slight_smile:

yeah a huge fan of vagrant story :):)… I got the idea of RISK system from that game. Right now, I am more focused on the battle system and animation and I’m planning to port this on a PC console. Thanks for the comment!!

I just knew it… :rolleyes: the Minotaur was the very first mini-boss in the game, Ashley was my first JRPG hero and the RISK & !-combo system was very cool & groundbreaking in that old-school PlayStation-times (~around 2000, if is remember correctly). :slight_smile:

Btw; I will follow your journey with this project, so keep up the good work with the anims & with the battle / combo system! :wink:

I dont known about vagrant story, but this looks to me like game for first Playstation. And you need to fight with one mob 3 min? Probably leveling could be massacre.

This is a test battle system, I’m also testing if all my char’s status is working well (HP Regen, Skill Regen, Buffs, etc.) I’ll take note your comment to improve my project. Cheers!!

Thanks!! Glad to hear another VS fan, I can’t remember how many times I played VS (too many times), every scene from that game is so inspiring. Thanks again and have a nice day! :):slight_smile:

You’re welcome my fellow VS fan brother, I wish you a very nice day to you too! :cool:

Combo Set 2

Higher Combo Hits will change combo set anims with higher Damage Results.

Combo Test

Added 2 new combo sets

Here are the latest screenshots for my character’s attack/idle poses:

3851446d34a8af4a039c4f994ea10e33dda0b894.jpeg

fcb9b0e5e23f1efcaaf8c61c1bf16ccdfb62e660.jpeg

Update:

3d Model:Mercenary
Softwares: zbrush | Maya | Photoshop
by: Lawrence Zerna