Begginer, where to start

Hello everyone !

I am a complete begginer with the engine. I installed it quite a long time ago (when it became free) but never took the time to play around with it and learn it.
I am not looking to make games (yet), but mostly using it as an art tool to create scenes with it (I have been especialy inspired by the work of , even if I know I most likely wont reach his level of design anytime soon lol). However there is so much ressources around and so much guides I am really lost on where should I start: what must I learn first (I was thinking landscaping maybe), what do I need to avoid, etc…

If anyone has any advice, any guide to recommend or anything, I’ll gladly take it :slight_smile:

Thanks

First of all learn the basics – especially so that you know where the most important windows and properties are (e.g where the landscape editor is,…) :slight_smile:
After that I would recommend you to take a look at some demo levels so that you know how what kind of features they use (e.g how the lights are placed, how they used the different meshes,…)
Now take a look at the specific parts of the level creation -> learn more about lights, materials, post process,…