{HELP] Cannot Play File : Video

Hi everybody,

since i’ve installed the 4.15.3 and now the 4.16, i can’t play .MP4

i’ve create a menu test with a animated font (video.mp4) in place of a black or image screen.

When i create it on 4.15.2 it worked, without problems.

But now on the new releases, i can’t play any videos…

that what it show on the Outpout Log :

LogMediaUtils:Error: Cannot play file://…/…/…/…/…/Unreal Projects/MyProject 4.16/Content/Movies/2017 Features Unreal Engine.mp4, because none of the enabled media player plug-ins support it:
LogMediaUtils:Error: | AndroidMedia (only available on Android, but not on Windows)
LogMediaUtils:Error: | AvfMedia (only available on iOS, Mac, but not on Windows)
LogMediaUtils:Error: | WmfMedia (URI scheme or file extension not supported)

i don’t understand why is telling this.

Have you a solution ?

Thanks.

up please i don’t find a solution at the moment.

Someone have the same problem ?

Have you already tried to convert your video to another format + import it again? (wmv, mov)
Is your video in the H.264 encoding format?

Btw, please bump your threads just when you havent got an answer within 4 days :wink:

Sorry and thank you, i’m trying tomorow what you saied and tell you what’s going on, thanks again.

Hi, its still a problem in 4.18.

[2018.03.10-12.27.21:864] 0]LogMediaUtils: Error: Cannot play file://…/…/…/ARCACatalog/Content/Movies/red_flowers.wmv: no media player plug-ins are installed and enabled in this project

Its appear only in packaged build.
I tried convert the file to MOV,MP4 and finally WMV, downgraded to 720p but nothing helped.
I have all movie player plugins installed.

Take a look at fps of the video, i had the same issue with 30fps, with 24 all cool.

any luck? I have same issue 4.22