Dealing with left and right handed people?

Hey all!
I have ran into a little bump in the road and would love some advice.
As of right now I have made my player pawn in my game compatiable for right handed people( becuase i am right handed) I am soon going to launch a demo of my VR game and wanted both left and right handed people to play the demo. would you guys recommend making some sort of “bool” or variable inside the Player pawn? or should I simply duplicate that Pawn and change the key bindings? both have their problems so I was just looking for some advice? is there something in unreal or steam VR that swaps the binding for me?

thanks for the help

I would make the same pawn compatible with both handedness.

ok so I got my pawn compatible with both handedness! now I have another question. as of right now my main player pawn lives in the “persistent level”. when my game starts a sub level loads and I want the player to be able to choose left or right handed. The problem it communicating to the “persistent level” or the player pawn. what is the best way to approach this? can sub levels “talks” to other levels informing them that player is left or right handed? or should a make a separate sub level that stores this info? like a “player preference Level” and have the player pawn live in there? maybe i’m going about this all wrong… but would love some advice :slight_smile:

Thanks in advance

found the solution in this tut using game instances - YouTube :cool: