Still can't remote build iOS package from PC with distribution provision and certificate in UE 4.16!

It seams will run a “RepackageFromStage” when package from PC and it need a stub ipa to package. Before that it indeed have packaged a stub.

BUT the with the “-createstub” param it will run a debug check(NOT distribution check) for the provision file and pick the “Dev” provision.

So if select the Developer Certificate and Dev Provision in Unreal Editor Settings, it will package the “Distro_” ipa seccessful with the Dev cert. But this ipa can’t be used to upload to AppStore because of the wrong cert.

But if select the Distribution Certificate and Provision in Unreal Editor Settings, it will fail to package the stub when Check dependencies proccess:

UATHelper: Packaging (iOS): UnrealBuildTool: Provisioning profile “GameDis” doesn’t include signing certificate “iPhone Developer: xxxx”.
UATHelper: Packaging (iOS): UnrealBuildTool: Provisioning profile “GameDis” doesn’t match the entitlements file’s value for the get-task-allow entitlement.

Please help!

I have the same problem. This post may be helpful. Use the command line to build all.

Thank you for the workaround!

The workaround doesn’t work for me in 4.21
“Provisioning profile “xxx” doesn’t match the entitlements file’s value for the get-task-allow entitlement.”
Breaks only in distribution configuration.

Same issue I am having. It appears to be an official bug in 4.21. Unreal Engine Issues and Bug Tracker (UE-70358) . Supposedly if you download the github source and modify one line it fixes the issue. This didnt’ work for me, just created other issues.

Remote compiling from Windows to macOS doesn’t work correctly in 4.21 and fix never hasn’t been released.

This seems to be fixed, and the fix is targetting 4.22

Yepp, finally with 4.22, the remote build works fine.

i have same issue, but i find a way works for me,u can try this:

1. use develop provision and distribution Certificate to package the ipa
    2.use UE_4.21\Engine\Binaries\DotNET\IOS\IPhonePackager.exe , in "advanced Tools"tag, “re-sign an ipa”,use your distributeion provison to re-sign your ipa, this final ipa is the right ipa you want :slight_smile:

I have been able to build with 4.22 without any big issues. I still get some odd errors that make no sense such as:
LogPlayLevel: Error: Error: Failed to connect to bundle ‘com.institute-games.my-game’

Yet the entire package works as expected. I just don’t like any errors.

Still not working for me in 4.22, getting the same get-task-allow entitlement error

Test with a new empty project. Some third party plugin can cause error too.