[DISCONTINUED] MonstaMASH: 3D Organic 'KitBash' Creature In-game Assembler

[TABLE]

https://arcadekomodo.com/home/wp-content/uploads/2014/12/GOLEM_RockGoldbarsBubbleGum2.gif

MonstaMASH (formerly [GOLEMCraft](https://forums.unrealengine.com/showthread.php?55150-GOLEM-Entity-Construction-System) v2)

is Blueprints based Creature Creator Application using a 3D KitBash Methodology. With MonstaMASH, developers can create and customize complex Creatures inside their Games! Reverse the Construction process for Destruction!
MonstaMASH is seeking…

1. 3D Modelers to author new 3D Modeled Organic and Mechanical Parts & Pieces.
    OR dissect/modify existing 3D Models to extract Organic and Mechanical Parts & Pieces for the system.
  2. Creature Animators with thorough understanding of UE4s Animation System {AnimBP Statemachines, Blendspaces, AimOffsets, Animation Slots, Poses, IK/FK}.
  3. VFX Artist with thorough understanding of UE4 PBR Materials Blueprints and Niagara Particle System.
  4. Blueprints Programmers with BP Networking Experience to assist in the development of the Multi-user Construction Editor.

Lets Chat: Private Message | Discord

MonstaMASH draws inspiration for creation by Maxis Spore Creature Creator:

Imagine the possibilities of a collaborative Monster Maker powered by UnrealEngine 4!

This sounds more like the domain of a c++ programmer than a ‘blueprint guru.’

The prototype was achieved with Blueprints. Your Obsidian Weapon’s Pack is truly inspirational!

If you have the Serialized Data Remote Save/Load via HTTPS/HTTP part working from only using blueprint, that’s really impressive.

We’re using the Low Entry Suite from the Marketplace for that purpose.

Basic Collage Construction Assembly Process:

1. Attach Shape Component to Skeletal Joints
  2. Spawn a Fragment external to Shape and interpolate towards Shape
  3. Test Collision against Fragment vs Shape
    3a) If Overlap, attach Fragment Mesh to Joint associated to Shape.

Really cool! I can see a lot of game and project applications coming for this!

How much can be customized? Procedurale?
Do you have any performance concerns? I could see someone spawn a sand monster army with this tool!

Thank you F3NR1S. Full Customization with Procedural Tools to assist in the construction process. The smaller/granular the parts, the greater the variance. Performance is always a concern and priority, the system makes use of Instanced Static Mesh Layers & Level Of Detail ISM layers, Crowd System for large quantities of Animated Skeletal Mesh Parts, Custom Local Occlusion and Material Instances.

Collage Construction evolved out of Zombie Apocalypse Game Concept: Project Frankiestien using “Flesh Golem” for Zombies. The goal at the time was to attach different body parts to a humanoid skeletal mesh to create a variety of monsters. I didn’t have body parts meshes on hand, so I used primitive geometry shapes. In developing the Collage Construction process, I envisioned assembling different types of abominations of both organic and non-organic objects, of various size, shape, design.

I believe with full powered manual control over position, orientation, scale and arbitrary/filtered attachment of meshes (and other components) assembling mechanical entities from modular parts can yield vastly improved and deliberate results:

[TABLE=“width: 1024”]

[FONT=sans-serif]
The Thing[FONT=sans-serif]

[FONT=sans-serif]

[FONT=sans-serif]
The Worm That Walks
Body of Bodies
Elemental Golems
Mechanical Entities

[FONT=sans-serif]

is this project still in development?

MonstaMASH is seeking…

1. 3D modelers to author new 3D Modeled Organic and Mechanical Parts & Pieces.
    OR dissect/modify existing 3D Models to extract Organic and Mechanical Parts & Pieces for the system.
  2. Creature Animators with thorough understanding of UE4s Animation System {AnimBP Statemachines, Blendspaces, AimOffsets, Animation Slots, Poses, IK/FK}.
  3. VFX Artist with thorough understanding of UE4 PBR Materials Blueprints and Niagara Particle System.
  4. Blueprints Programmers with BP Networking Experience to assist in the development of the Multi-user Construction Editor.

Lets Chat: Private Message | Discord

Due to the lack of interest:( Development for MonstaMash has been discontinued.

However its feature set will be integrated into B A D * M O R F O.