Problems deploying dedicated server on a remote Linux VPS

I’ve been having big problems with deploying a dedicated vserver for a simple shooter based on Shooter Game. I’ve been battling this for a few days now, and finally been able to successfully build a binary for Linux. Unfortunately, it crashes instantly with a wierd error:

Using binned.                                                                                                
Increasing per-process limit of core file size to infinity.                                                  
Fatal error: [File:h:\Gamedev\game\Engine\Source\Runtime\Core\Private\Linux\LinuxPlatformMisc.cpp] [Line: 624]                                                                                                        
Error Presenting MessageBox: No message system available                                                     

Signal 11 caught.                                                                                            
Malloc Size=131076 LargeMemoryPoolOffset=131092                                                              
CommonLinuxCrashHandler: Signal=11                                                                           
Malloc Size=65535 LargeMemoryPoolOffset=196655                                                               
Engine crash handling finished; re-raising signal 11 for the default handler. Good bye.                      
Segmentation fault

I’ve tried commenting out this line, but it obviously doesn’t work. I might’ve messed something up, since the path specified in the error is for my local PC, not the remote machine, but it doesn’t make sense to me.

So my questions are:

Is it a server configuration error?
What are the prerequisites to running UE4 dedicated server on a Linux machine?
Is it even possible to run UE4 dedicated on a terminal-only machine with no gui?

I can’t seem to find anything more I could do, apart from everyone testing it on local machines which is not viable for me, thanks.

[EDIT]
I managed to comment out enough, so the error changed, now it’s even more nonsensical, so I doubt it was a good idea to comment those lines out:

Preparing to exit.Shutting down and abandoning module NetworkFile (8)Shutting down and abandoning module Stre
amingFile (6)Shutting down and abandoning module SandboxFile (4)Shutting down and abandoning module PakFile (
2)Exiting.Tearing down SDL.Exiting abnormally (error code: 1)

Did you upload a client build? I don’t think the Linux dedicated invokes SDL at all.

I’ve built a development server binary for Linux, but I’ve failed to say I’m using steam, so the steamapi binary is there as well and there was an error about it missing at first. Seems like the steam is messing something up?

After a lot of trying, I got the proper way of cooking and deploying down. You can’t just run the Linux binary without having the content, so I cooked the game for Linux, replaced the binary with server one, uploaded it all to the remote machine and now I just get a generic Signal 11: Fragmentation fault with nothing more. No logs, no dump, nothing.

I’m running the binary with -log parameter, seems to only give a few more lines of memory stuff.

I make it successed on centos8.3 with clang7 v13 variant for ue4.22 . but my problem is no support for net driver html5… ANy help …