Sliding (dragging) sound - how to ?

Hi

I am trying to make a dragging sound. I have an object which I can grab and drag around. How would be the best way to make a sound while dragging? I was searching on some clues and I found that in UDK was something called SlideSound and few options to that. Is there something simillar in UE4?
Here is the link:
https://docs.unrealengine.com/udk/Three/PhysicalMaterial.html

Best,
Lucas

attach a sliding sound cue (wav, mp3) to the actor for the object you can drag around? spawn/play when moved?

If you need a dynamic sound, reacting to slide speed, length etc:

-You can use 3rd party software like FMOD.

-You can use the new in-engine granular synthesizer, just find the right source sound and the right granular settings hooked up to slider-things motion.

-You can use the new in-engine modular synth. Maybe one OSC noise, another OSC some wave. Use the speed in space of the slide-thing to change pitch/gain on oscs. Turn off gain if it doesnt collide with surface. Will need experimenting to get right, but it is VERY POWERFUL.

I think the best way to do it is to have few long draging sound which you can loop (more or less, I know looping could be imposible with linear draging sound) You have to set it up in the SoundCue with Random and Loop node.
Then you have to get object velocity if its bigger than zero you play dragging sound, if its equal zero you stop it. You can also connect sound volume to the velocity. Faster = Louder

If we can change pitch at runtime, it would be great to hook pitch up to velocity too!

No, changing pitch will make it sound unnatural.

Really? I haven’t pitched samples with unreal, is the problem there? I mean, IRL, dragging fingers along a tent-tarp or dragging nails across ribbed surfaces, we get pitch*speed right? Or am I imagining this. Maybe apply pitch only on some noise, not on the tonal sound/sample?