open/close door in vr

I was hoping someone may be able to help me. I’m having an issue with the blueprint for my vr level. I want to be able to approach a door, grab the handle with the motion controller, and push the door open or closed. Prior to this I’ve always used the level sequencer and a trigger box or button press to open/close the door.
I started with the vr template in ue4.15 Any help would be greatly appreciated.

It is not trivial to make it work well. Luckily, there are several examples if you look around.

try this examples:

Thank you for the link. I’ve been trying to adapt his blueprint to work with the vr template from unreal. But I have yet to get it to work correctly. Mitch has his working with just a sphere for the hands, which are children of his controller pawn. The unreal vr pawn spawns the hands in the blueprint instead of having it as a child to controller pawn. I haven’t been able to wrap my head around it. Its been driving me bananas.

Spawned or component shouldn’t make much of a difference.

I wrote a post a while ago that might help. http://www.undeaddev.com/advanced-dd-doors-and-drawers/ The example in it is not VR specific but the basic concept is the same.

Thank you Jimmothy. I will check it out.