****Buckarunicorn by islipaway
****The Potato Problem by Team Potato
VR Award
****Monster Defense Shop by
Android Award
****Wanderer VR by MadTitans
Cinematic Award
****The Trial by Team Miaow

Welcome to the UE4jam! Every quarter Unreal Engine hosts the UE4jam to give developers a to polish their skills and compete for awesome prizes!

THE RULES
Work alone or with a team (up to 5 members) to make the most incredible project based on the theme in Unreal Engine 4, and submit before the deadline. Please read all of the details for how to participate!

Detailed Rules

• CONTEST OFFICIAL RULES
  • All submissions will be featured in a highlight reel posted to our YouTube and shown on Twitch.

PROJECT REQUIREMENTS
Here’s the list of submission requirements to win a prize:

• The game must include custom gameplay that exceeds that found in Epic Games’ starter templates.
  • All art assets in the game must have a material other than the default applied to it.
  • Must be packaged for Android (unfortunately there are limitations with iOS), Windows or Mac OS. No full, unpackaged projects. VR projects are accepted. Android games can be distributed via the Play store as well.

**TIMELINE DETAILS AND HOW TO SUBMIT AN ENTRY **

In Unreal Engine game jam tradition, we’ll be kicking this one off and announcing the theme on the livestream on June 29th at 2PM ET](Time since Jun 29, 2017 2:00 pm started in Raleigh) and giving participants a few days to create and submit an awesome game built in the engine. The SUBMISSION THREAD will go live and be available just before the theme is announce. The jam ends on Tuesday, July 4th at 2PM ET](Time since Jul 4, 2017 2:00 pm started in Raleigh).

Post the following to the submission thread before ** Tuesday, July 4th at 2PM ET**](Time since Jul 4, 2017 2:00 pm started in Raleigh) and include this info:

• Link to a download of your game

• Team name

• List of team members

• Name of your submission (Please format it with your team’s name attached ex. TeamName_GameName)

• Please remember to rename your project to [Team Name]_[Project Name] ex. TheEpicTeam_AwesomeGame

• List any content that was created before the jam that was included in the final submission.

• This does affect the score, as we judge on what is made during the jam’s timeframe. Submitting an entry with pre-made content that is not disclosed may lead to disqualification.

Then, PM me the following information:

• Team Name
  • Project Name
  • Each Team Member’s Real Name
  • Each Team Member’s Email Address
  • Each Team Member’s Mailing Address (Not a P.O. box)
  • Each Team Member’s T-Shirt Size

If the address is not in the United States, please also provide:
Phone number for lost postage reclaim
Tax or VAT number (if applicable)

AWARD CATEGORIES AND PRIZES

A small panel at Epic will judge entries on the following criteria.
Major Categories:

• Fun Factor
  • Unique Use of Theme
  • Overall Visuals

Specialty Categories:

• Best Mobile Title (Android)
  • Best VR Game
  • Best Cinematic

Winners will be announced on the July 20th Unreal Livestream which starts at 2PM ET.

The winners of all categories will receive an Epic Swag Box with all sorts of goodies, a “Game Jam Finalist” forum badge, a featured playthrough on the Twitch stream. The winners of the Major Categories will also receive a highlight on Unreal Engine launcher!

INTEL

All members of the teams who win the Major Categories will receive a 730 Series 2.5 480GB SATA 6Gb/s MLC Solid State Drive provided by Intel’s Achievement Unlocked program. Join them and sign up to receive monthly game developer content, special offers, announcements, and news about events like the Level Up contest.

SIDEFX HOUDINI

In addition to the Epic Swag Box, each member of the winning teams of the Major and Specialty categories will be receiving a one-year Houdini license provided by SideFX. Houdini is an amazing tool can be used with UE4 through the official Houdini plugin.

C-MEDIA

All finalists will also be receiving marketplace packs from C-MEDIA, which specializes in advanced materials and realistic models Ancient Cistern, Advanced Materials Edition 2, and Advanced Materials Edition 4.

KUBOLD

Kubold is providing 8 animation collections from their humanoid Marketplace animation packs. These animation sets are built for movement and all sorts of combat; fisticuffs, swordplay and firearms! They make a fine addition to any game.

SYNTY STUDIOS

Synty Studios joined our sponsors for the Summer Jam and will be providing their Marketplace packs to the UE4jam finalists as well. There are several awesome collections of models that can be used over a wide variety of projects. Their simply designed characters and environments are great for stylized games or prototyping.

LUOS ARTS

Luos Arts is run by Yoeri Vleer, who is well known for his particle effects. Luos Arts is contributing prizes to all category winners, who will be able to pick 3 of their packs from the marketplace as their reward! Please take a look at all of their packs on the marketplace. Also be sure to look into Yoeri’s youtube page and twitter account for more particle effects.

PERFORCE SERVER PROVIDED BY

All participants of the UE4jam will be given access to 's platform for game development teams to build iterations of their game using their Perforce repositories. As a project management platform, is an effective asset to any gaming developer, and we are excited to watch ’s continuing emergence within the game development community. To get access to the Perforce server, PM me that you will need access and your team’s email addresses. Please also check out tutorials on using and Perforce beforehand.

is the task and code management tool that enables game developers to manage their entire game project in one place. As the only on-demand Perforce provider in the cloud and the #1 SVN hosting provider in the world, developers all over the world choose for their high performance and security needs.

Participating Teams
In order to streamline the playing, judging, recording, and winners announcement process, we’re requesting that teams participating in the jam let us know beforehand in order to prepare appropriately for the event. We’ll update the list with links to the games afterwards, too, so can find your title without having to scroll through the whole thread :slight_smile: Pre-registration is not required for entry, and we know people will come in later, but it will greatly aid us in turning everything around quickly. We appreciate your help in making this event awesome :cool:

Please send me a PM with your team name and number of team members and we’ll get you added to the list! If you have not made enough posts to use the PM system, then feel free to post in the thread here instead.

1. WANDERER VR - MadTitans
  2. The Trial - Team Miaow
  3. Glück Im Unglück - Coffee Cup Entertainment
  4. BlessingInDaSkies - Strigifo
  5. Robots on a Budget - The Retros
  6. The Potato Problem - Team Potato
  7. Buckarunicorn - islipaway
  8. Monster Defense Shop -
  9. Fatlust - 3D2 Entertainment
  10. Hero Overboard! - Boilerplate
  11. Blessing In Disguise - Degenerate Vertices
  12. ARTribe - NedulM
  13. The Entropic Shop - Big Horn Studio
  14. Season’s Blessings - &
  15. Mr Undertaker - The Warriors
  16. Pa’Roll - Bear²
  17. Hearsin Around - Dev Nation
  18. Fatal Exception - David M
  19. His Story - Miroir Industries
  20. WarriorsTomb - Pizzazz Games
  21. Healer - Girl and a Cat
  22. Left Behind - AtomicKopi
  23. ION
  24. DeadMind - 021 Studios
  25. Hunt the Blessing - Team4
  26. Salt Lubbers - Five Guys
  27. Snail Life blessing in disguise -
  28. Goanna’s Swing - Team Goanna
  29. -
  30. Lights and Shadows - Warp Studios
  31. SquareMan - MoltenPixels
  32. Blessed Soul - Shaunathon6
  33. Manic D. Kahn - MDK
  34. Sneak Street 2 - Aristonaut
  35. Ownrealeditor - owninator
  36. Reunion - Event Horizon
  37. Agent Blessing - Slim Pickings
  38. -
  39. BloodMudFireMask - The Wild Games
  40. Agent Blessing - Bladekyle.
  41. Spoopy Jr. Is Done With Spooping - Burtfire
  42. DGIN -
  43. Attack of the Mutant Bungles and the Conveniently Inconvenient Bungle Invasion - Connor and the Wigglywams
  44. AnotherFace - BegounetTeam
  45. What Doesn’t Kill - Stab
  46. BlessingInDeath - Room 144
  47. Overgrown Dreams - Broken Palace
  48. “Ghost” - Digital Spirit Games]( Summer #UE4jam Submission Thread! - Announcements - Epic Developer Community Forums)
  49. KindgomTwitch - NedulS
  50. Demon Bot - Nightmare
  51. A House??? - Side Step Studios
  52. Terrestial - Aberry Games
  53. Search - ZeeGee
  54. Blessing in a Dice - Enter Studios
  55. Disguise - Team Remco
  56. SoulFetcher - XCave Games
  57. Silent Escape - Empr1ze
  58. The Villainous Pie-man - Bohrium
  59. Adventures of Retlif - 5 Rune Studios
  60. The Lich - Dot Info
  61. Postworld Scavenger - Screwdriver Entertainment
  62. TRASH McKANN - JoSilver
  63. Misfit -
  64. TheLightDark - Gordo Co. Games
  65. NarcolepsyBoy - ADsZ Team
  66. The Phantom Hand - StormSmashEntertainment
  67. Spirit of Perseus - Little Apple Creative
  68. The Lost Song VR 1 (Prologue): A True Artist - Artisans of Reality
  69. Desert Madness - Hexeva
  70. KSIGames
  71. Per Aspera Ad Bonum - Play For Food
  72. CurseSpirit -
  73. VR Run and Gun - Beep2Bleep
  74. Dear Child - Fresh Lemonade
  75. Traitor returns home - Horacio Meza
  76. Polarity - Cerebros Games
  77. Savior - Perfect design
  78. BLESSING OF Dcriste - Sonder Games
  79. Ignis - League of Shinies
  80. Bless dis - Nightjar Jamjar
  81. TheBID - PA
  82. Trailer Quest for toilet paper - AWESOME GAMES INTERACTIVE
  83. -
  84. Blessing in Disguise! - Elements.of.Life
  85. Happy Kracken
  86. Doggy! - Techi-tech
  87. The Island -
  88. Uncle Sam’s Salvation - Néotl Empire
  89. Counting Your Blessings - Cyber Shamans
  90. Cursed Fight - TwoPOneA
  91. UnrealCG_Shinigami Shrine - UnrealCG
  92. Three Brothers - Luke is bad at team names
  93. Intramundos - MMs
  94. Don’t Look Up - Succubi in Hats
  95. Zesty Summer - Lava Bear
  96. Spoop Manager 2018 - Super Passion Team
  97. RetroSlice - raincoatz hood
  98. Crave - The Unknowns
  99. Escape - JW
  100. Escape Elipshid - Shoreline Horizons
  101. Cook for the Giant - Vhite Rabbit
  102. Finding Light - Hadar Silverman
  103. Through foul and fail - Team GamePlayUniverse
  104. Bles Sing in Disguise - Lo-Rez
  105. BLE Sings in Disguise - HoM E’s
  106. Blightwood - Sky Key
  107. Gold-Hat Gets a Book -
  108. Struggle - Peanut Rangers
  109. T2Virus:Consciousness Remains - Inspired Workshop
  110. Mark’s New Shoes -
  111. Jimmy’s Ghostly Tale - Pentrometric Studios
  112. Runic - Daddycats
  113. Rootie - no_coffee
  114. SpartanX - Slothy Entertainment
  115. FAVOR - Broliai
  116. Blessing In The Sky - Team Heaven
  117. SUPER STICK FIGURES - Doge Hunter
  118. Wizards Curse - Team Dead Deer
  119. Hinupolis - Feverdream Studios
  120. Percussive Maintenance - Team Squeakinator
  121. Inferno - Liduos Games
  122. Please don’t die! - VoxBros
  123. Blessing In Dream - Roh Brothers.
  124. DarkFrag - Lone Artisan
  125. How I Met Your Mother - TiMer Games
  126. Mission Allergic - Space Skeletons and Co
  127. Act II - Beard Envy
  128. Blessing - Chimera
  129. NoMoreBlessing -

Helpful Links for Jamming!

Official Sites

Getting Started Docs
Reduce Your Package Size
Top Tips for Game Jams
Wiki Tutorials
Wiki Code Tutorials/Snippets
Training Videos
Tutorials and Guides
Blueprint Getting Started Thread
C++ Getting Started Thread

Youtube

Unreal Engine’s Official Youtube Channel
L Newton’s Youtube Channel
TeslaDev’s Youtube Channel
Mathew Wadstein’s Youtube Channel
Luos’ Youtube Channel

Tutorials and Guides

Tutorials by Looman
Blueprint Guides by Romero
Gameplay Guides by

Free Assets
Varon Kein’s Music
Free Assets Collection

[MENTION=8] [/MENTION]

Tuesday - July 6th - Check your Calendar buddy!

according to my Calendar - Tuesday is the 4th & the 6th is on Thursday, but my calendar may be wrong. lol :wink:

PS: July 4th is Holiday for us in US too btw. in case you forgot! lol :slight_smile:

PSS: the extra days will be great for the Jam too, imo. great idea

Hey! Yeah, the 6th was a mistake. 4th is a holiday for Americans but the 5 days before are all open times to submit as well.

awesome! an extra day!

Sweet extra day, enough time to add more awesome.

Yep, we’re changing based on the feedback that we should go Thursday to Tuesday since that syncs with the livestreams anyway. I always try to reiterate that we’re listening and willing to change to make the Unreal experience… unreal… ok I’ll show myself out

I offer my modest skills on ue4 , I have some skills on BP , behavior tree , also do pixel art and voxel models and chip tunes 8 bits if its helps . I want to participate on a team. So let me know !!

[MENTION=8] [/MENTION]
Nice collection of most free content available:

smore free stuff

Woo-hoo, just as the Ludum Dare 38 hype dies off, The UE4 Summer Jam is here!

I must say, this was my first Ludum Dare, and I think Ludum Dare does a tremendously better job that the UE4Jam at gathering constructive feedback and visibility for game entries. Does Epic have plans to increase community involvement and feedback for UE4Jam entries, or is it mainly about the swag? I really enjoy what Epic has setup here, but it seems like there’s little visibility for submissions unless a fellow developer does a stream or they win a category.

This is perfect timing…I am just getting some old buddies back together for development. The Jam will be the perfect way to streamline our workflows. Will definitely be getting submission details to you guys soon.

great to see the android category is back

Hey folks.

from Intel here again. The Level Up contest is closed for the year, but I we’d still love to see you over at software.intel.com/gamedev.

I’m looking forward to the Livestream, I should be in the Twitch Chat. You can also grab me on Twitter Looking forward to seeing what you guys put together, the Spring Jam was awesome.

[MENTION=8] [/MENTION]

Our team would love to participate, this will be our first jam! :smiley:
Team Name: Pentrometric Studios
Team Members: 4

[MENTION=8] [/MENTION]

solo team - ONE-MAN-WOLF-PACK

looking forward to exploring some twitch integration

Megathirio (3)

I want to participate to so if you want we can work together why not ?

Yyyyyeeess!!

Im new here. Can someone give me suggestions on finding a team or members to work with me?

hey.just a question.how do I find/make or apply to a team?i want to apply to team Vathovion Arts [MENTION=8] [/MENTION]

Hey there @ sign me up! (1) (Gravity Labs)