Looking for a cool project

Dear forums.unrealengine

Since I failed on several occasions to start a project of my own, I am now looking for an existing one to contribute, but I’m having a hard time doing so since all the ones I see constantly advertised across all platforms are not my cup of tea.

Here is what I can do:

• 3D assets and level design. I can model things in blender, maybe even texture or rig them, import into unreal, build levels.
  • Work in blueprints (I’ve been working on Player controls, physics, materials,)
  • Compose music (But I don’t think I’ll be needed for this)

I am kind of picky when it comes to theme, genre and graphics, which Is maybe why I can’t find anything of my liking.

• I’m no good at photo-realism. I prefer working on projects with Artistic, Low-poly, Pixelated, Minimalist or Surreal look. Of course, that’s not to say I’m not up to the challenge of realism, but I would be much less productive in such an environment.
  • When it comes to theme, I’m really tired with medieval, post-apocalyptic and traditional fantasy settings. It was fun first but its been overdone.
  • As for genre, if you are making a Survival/Horror/MMO/RPG/Beat-em-up/Side-scroller project, unless it has some really unique twist about it, please don’t bother contacting me. Either these genres are impossibly hard for indies to make or there are way too many of them already (or I just simply don’t like them.).

I’ll be available 10 - 20 hours per week throughout the summer and on weekends (5-10 hours) afterwards.
Let me know if you have need of me.

Hey, I’m working on an Arrow/Flash audio series, if you’d be interested in getting involved?

Hi New Amsterdam,

I feel your pain. Too many projects that are too ambitious. Perhaps, you don’t need to work on a game.

Have you considered developing Blueprints-based Game Subsystems and distributing them in the Marketplace for use in other’s Games? This is what I’m doing. I’m developing In-game Construction Systems with Blueprints utilizing Procedural Generated Content and User-Mediated Assembly (Customization) for Game Devs to leverage the power of UnrealEngine for Content Creation and Management Dynamically.

I believe that any Game Subsystem can be transformed into Application by bolting on a UMG GUI Front-end. :cool:

I desire these Construction Systems, in my own games to support pre-fabricated content creation, player customization, and player creation. Ultimately, the goal is to consolidate these Systems into a game like The Elemental DRifter, but, interim I develop smaller achievable projects and get a sense of accomplishment when completed.

I have a strategy for implementation to get more value through reuse of resources. Firstly, I develop a Multi-user Editing Framework in which derivative Editors/Assemblers can be developed. The Multi-user Editing Framework provides boiler plate for spawning meshes, attaching them, applying materials, saving/loading configuration data. Secondly, create in-game editors for Character Body/Face, Creatures, Melee & Fire Weapons, Vehicles, Architecture Exterior/Interiors/Props, and other game entities.

I’m seeking out co-developers with an open-mind, willing to experiment. Lets talk when convenient here or on Private Message | Discord | Skype.

Offer withdrawn.

Just curious, and not being negative, but aren’t there copyright concerns using DC’s characters for your series?

I have a cool project indeed

Are you still available to work on a very cool project? Let me know: email: