Island Game WIP

Hey all,

I’ve been working on this game in my spare time for the past months. The game is a narrative-based, similar to the style of Firewatch.

I would very much appreciate any critique of what I have made so far.

Screenshots/Videos:

Thanks!

• Mokazon

Had similar idea (before I’ve known Unreal Engine 4), also I love Firewatch too. Your game looks awesome, I hope you will not end it like the Firewatch did though :slight_smile: .

Wow this looks great!

How did you do the shoreline in the water shader? Is it using vertex paint or somewhat automated?

Looks beautiful.

I’m guessing the story would start with a plane crash? Seems like an awesome way to start a game :slight_smile:

Thanks guys!

order66: the shoreline is 100% automatic. It is calculated based on the scene depth (scene depth ignores translucent objects). That way I can approximate how deep the water is.

Been really busy the past few months! Been busy doing a developer internship at IBM, so I’ve been busy with that. Also, we’ve been reworking the story from scratch, so there hasn’t been as much so show. Nevertheless, here are some videos/screenshots.

This is a work in progress scene for the opening of the game that will feature dirt biking. Obviously this sill needs a lot of work such as creating the character himself.

woh!great scenes, its obvious reality.

This looks so good much props to you !!

This looks awesome!

As a motorcycle rider myself I can say that the bike physics seem to be right on so far.

the image look great, and the progress look promising, good job

Great work! Hi! Did you ever get the motorcycle finished? I was able to get the physics to work but after adding the skeletal mesh to a vehicle blueprint the bike wheels will not turn and the wheels fall through the ground :frowning: