GearVR controller

Does anyone know if ue4 supports the new GearVR controller?

4.16 should support it.

Is that known or just a guess?

4.16 supports the Gear VR controller natively. We have been using it for a few weeks.

How to access the gear vr controller? is there a tutorial online?

The VR Template does not support Gear VR controller, if i’m not mistaken?

How did you access the Gear Vr controller from Unreal?

It’s just a component you can add to your blueprint. It’s called something like: “gearvr motion controller”. If you filter your add component list by “gearvr” it’s the only result.

Just in case anyone else is tearing out their hair trying to resolve this the “gearvr motion controller” being referenced is in 4.16 (preview 3 as of this message). You won’t find it in 4.15.x although it might be in the Oculus build as well.

Can someone point me to a tutorial on how to develop with gearvr motion controller on 4.16.

So just to stop me from going insane the ‘GearVR Motion Controller Component’ is only in 4.16.3 and not in any of the lesser engines?

Correct - 4.16+ in the official Epic branch

4.15+ in the Oculus source branch: https://github.com/Oculus-VR/UnrealEngine

Hi @aussieburguer, do you know where can i find this gearvr controller? The link you gave in the github post is not working anymore. Really 4.16 is ready to go with Gear Controller? Thanks

The link is working when you are logged into github with your linked epic games account. However as mentioned from 4.16 it is supported in the default binary build

Almost ready

Thanks @aussieburger I’have downloaded the 16.2 because cant find the 16.3. I will look for it. Thanks again for your help

No Way… version 16.2 Installed and still watching my GearVR Controller to make it work… Incredible to be stucked with this! :frowning:

FYI: custom gearvr controller is being removed by Oculus in 4.17 - so you should only use the default motion controller