[FREE] Radar Blueprint - Track enemies, friends, pickups and more!

**UPDATE **- I just released a new version of the radar template that uses UMG Widgets instead of a custom HUD class! See below for download link!

Hi everyone,

I’d like to share my Radar BP with the community. This is the same system I’m using on my Arcade Space Shooter Template.

This is based on the Shooter Game Tutorial found >Here< (Please check out this page and support the dev if you can!).

UMG Widget:

Custom HUD Class

Features:

• Track any item by simply adding the component BP to your actor / object

• 4 Built-in categories to choose from:

• Flying Enemy

• Ground Enemy

• Boss

• Pickup

• Easy to customize radar range and scale

**[NEW] UMG Widget **- CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD (Unreal Engine version 4.17)

HUD Class - CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD (Unreal Engine version 4.15)

you are the man !

Thanks @issam1975! Hope you found it useful!

Sweet and simple. Thank you for sharing this!

Massive thanks for this, I hit a serious wall when I wanted to have a radar system for my cockpit sim.
now I only need a targeting lock on system ,trying to emulate something like elites.

Glad you guys found it useful :slight_smile: I also struggled to figure this out for a while, so I wanted to share this in case others had the same issues.

Quick question: Is this the same camera with rendertarget on plane technique which has been out for quite some time - or a different approach?

Hi Tymax,

No, this is not using RenderTarget. This is using DrawTexture directly to the HUD class. This means is not as flexible as a widget (unfortunately), but allows you to draw directly to the screen.

Amazing, thats exactly what i was hoping for! :slight_smile:
Thanks alot for sharing your work with the community, cant wait to look into it!

You’re welcome :cool:

Thanks for the improvements @franktech!

I’d like to include some of your updates but when I click on the attachment link it gives me an “Invalid album specified” error. Can you double check and see if there is an issue with the attachments?

Thanks again for the improvements!

I can see the images now - thanks :slight_smile:

Thanks for the improvements @franktech!

Very cool! I will give it a try in my GTA-remake - Iam not yet sure, whether I want to have a minimap showing pickups and enemies, but I will definitely test it :wink:

Hi ,

Glad you found this useful. Remember that each actor is added via an Actor Component so you can easily choose which objects appear in the Radar :).

Hey everyone,

Just wanted to give a quick update on this radar template - I finally got some free time and started exploring how to create a similar radar in UMG. I’m happy to say that I have a basic prototype already working!

This is all part of my work for my Arcade Space Shooter Template- so I get to share my progress for free with the community :slight_smile:

Shout out to @franktech for linking me the thread that explained how to do this :smiley:

Stay tuned - hopefully this new method works out and I can share it with you all soon!

I just asked for help with your radar here.
https://forums.unrealengine.com/deve…35-hud-bp-help

If You know a way to do any of what I need I would be really interested in hearing it.
Its just that HUD bp are not as flexible as UMG which I have more experience with.

Hello !

So, first of all, thanks for sharing such a great project ! (And sorry if I’m mining an old thread).

I’ve got two question, and I hope some of you (OP or not) can answer them.
1- I would like to change the texture for when a dot is at the border of the texture (Ex: PickUp actor use a yellow texture when in middle of radar, and orange when “stacked” on the border). How can I do it ?
2- How to decide which actor can “stack” on the border of the map (Ex. The registered PickUp actor can be stacked, but not the ground ennemies) ?

Thanks all in advances, and once again, thanks for sharing !
(PS: sorry for my english)

Hey AlphaWolf,

I complete agree - the HUD class is not very flexible. This is why I re-wrote the radar using UMG widgets :). Its part of my Space Shooter Template which is pretty much done. I just need to take some time to create a separate project to share the update with the community. Keep your eyes on this thread, Im hoping to share the update next week :slight_smile:

Hey GenetiiK,

I updated the radar to fully use UMG (instead of HUD) and had to change how a few things work. I’m not on my dev computer so I cant remember exactly where to look but once I release the update I’ll see if I can give you some pointers. I’m not sure exactly how I would do what you want, but at least I can tell you where to look :slight_smile: