Trouble: Unable to launch Unreal Engine

Hi

I was wondering if someone could help me out? I have installed Unreal Engine 4.15.1, but it won’t launch on my MacBook Pro. My device is about 4 years old. My system told me in the beginning to update my Mac. I can not figure out what version it needs to run now though. Any assistance would be much appreciated.

Thank you,

ArtApprentice96

You might need to upgrade to Sierra if it’s telling you you need to update.

What’s your CPU/GPU in your Macbook? There’s some GPU’s that won’t run UE4 but besides that most Macs don’t have the graphics power to run it all that well in general.

GPU: Nvidia GetForce 9400M Bus: PCI

GPU: Nvidia GetForce 9600GT Bus: PCIe

VRAM: 256MB (Total)

I’m fine with it if it does not run the greatest. I just want to be able to learn.

Unfortunately that’s not a supported GPU, it’s well below the minimum requirements.

Not a problem. What would be the minimum requirement then, and is it upgradeable? Is there an earlier version of Unreal Engine that my system will satisfy the requirements?

UE4 has always had pretty high requirements so even the first release would not work. There’s a Mac version of UDK (based on UE3) but there’s no download available for it anymore.

Laptops can’t get upgrades for GPU’s, you would have to get a new system that has more power. Windows desktops can be easily upgraded though if you want to go that direction. Here’s the recommended hardware: A new, community-hosted Unreal Engine Wiki - Announcements and Releases - Unreal Engine Forums

hello it happened the same thing to me