Blueprint Nativization - April 27 - Live from Epic HQ

WHAT

Beach is a newcomer on the livestream and he has a lot of important information to share about Nativized Blueprints! When the cost of running Blueprints isn’t noticeable, the overhead can be an acceptable cost to bear; however, there are times when you’ll want your game to run as fast as possible (especially, when you’re shipping to devices that have limited hardware capabilities) and that’s when it’s time to nativize! will go over what you need to know about this handy feature and follow up with a Q&A at the end of the stream, so please post your questions.

WHEN
Thursday, April 27th @ 2:00PM ET Countdown]

WHERE
Twitch
Facebook
Youtube

WHO

Beach - Sr. Blueprint Programmer - @whatsnawfix](https://twitter.com/whatsnawfix)

Feel free to ask any questions on the topic in the thread below, and remember, while we try to give attention to all inquiries, it’s not always possible to answer’s questions as they come up. This is especially true for off-topic requests, as it’s rather likely that we don’t have the appropriate person around to answer. Thanks for understanding!

Not sure if this is the right place to ask but any idea when we might see a stream on using the new audio features?

I’m very interested in this. Most of the time when I try it it won’t package - I use quite a few plugins and also custom structs, so I wonder if it might be this that causes it. I’d like to know the known problems in nativizing - particularly, i’d like to know when I can’t expect it to package up.

Looking forward to it!

I’d love to see implementation on Projectile BP. Especially when it comes to casting actors upon hit and calling functions on them.

for some reason i can’t see it on the youtube channel (i do see the orher streams), nor it was sent in an email like others, how can i view it?

in time, they will add it

Per UE Nativizing Blueprints Documentation:* At this time, Level Blueprints and Blueprint Macros aren’t supported by the Blueprint Nativization tool, and won’t be converted into native CPP code*. I assume this caveat also applies to BP Standard Macro Library: ForLoop, Gates, etc. Perhaps these BP Functions should be C++ function calls?

Is there a way to look at nativized code from blueprints? I would like to compare blueprint code and C++ code side by side.

[MENTION=8] [/MENTION]

I would also be very much interested in a clarification on this issue, what exactly does “At this time, …] Blueprint Macros aren’t supported by the Blueprint Nativization tool” - is this referring to a Blueprint Macro Library asset or also macros inside Blueprint Classes in any capacity?
And as TechLord asked, are gates, for loops etc. affected?

Yes the code is lying somewhere (I cant remember) but the code is totally incomprehensible. Just pray that the code is not buggy… lol.

Even when set to Exclusive with no Blueprints Selected yet I get this:

UATHelperUATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): ERROR: Missing precompiled manifest for 'EditorStyle'. This module was most likely not flagged for being included in a precompiled build - set 'PrecompileForTargets = PrecompileTargetsType.Any;' in EditorStyle.build.cs to override.

One issue seems to be my project uses both C++ and Blueprints, UE4Editor_4.25.