Photorealistic Character - Free in the marketplace

Hi,

no post about the new release of a photorealistic character, so i will do the first.
Hopefully some are interested in it and trying something with their own character like me.

A good start for reading about is this:

What i miss from the content you can now download in the epic launcher, is the eye geometry for using the eye and shader for your own project. The readme says you
find it under meshes, but there is no photorealeyegeo in it. ;(

Anyway, hope we can share the new knowledge about realistic skin, hair and eyes to everyone.

Hey mate, ive had a look at the project. Looks quite well, tho the skin shader is dissapointingly simple. But I tink we can still learn a lot from the textures involved and the way they were used.
The hair is really cool, im wondering how one would create the hair geo to begin with.
I found that the shader looks wired when used on my own level tho, im afraid it needs a very very specific lighting condition. Or when I migrated it to my project it didnt do it properly.

As for the eye missing: You could just export the bust geo, and extract the eyes from there.

So i tested a little bit with the skin-shader and hair. It is far from finished but gives a good comparison to the original model. I imported mine from DAZ3D as an FBX and swapped the images for diffuse, normal and SSS. A little bit of tweaks in the material instant was necessary.

I think to test under best condition: Load the project “Photorealistic Character” and then import your model at the side of the original. So lightning conditions are the same. Then grab your character and bring it in your project and see how it will work under your lightning condition.

Next are the eyes. .Have to play around with them. I only swapped the eyemoisture of mine with one of the photorealistic character. I think it needs the same object as for the eye. Maybe i can export it from UE4 and import them as OBJ for DAZ3D and swap the originals. But need the skeletion intact for animations.
A lot of work again for a novice like me. :wink:

Martin.

I read the documentation carefully. Beyond the explanations left a lot of important things. For example, I am very interested in how they made the hair. But they have not explained the main thing - how exactly were made “Root texture”, “Depth texture” and “Unique ID texture”. In the documentation there is only a common phrases:

“there are many available options for similar results” - someone, please give at least one of them. Or tell us how “project the simulated hair results onto a piece of geometry” in 3ds Max, and get 3 textures as in the example. I know how to do Diffuse and Alpha textures for my hair, it’s not a problem.

I also could not found the geometry of eyes in the project folder, but judging from the pictures in the documentation, “Photorealistic Character” uses the same eye, which is used in “Content Examples” project, you can take it from there and not break the bust to pieces ))

Hi,
i tried to export the bust, but it comes as a complete object. I can not select the eyes seperately in DAZ3D or in 3DSMAX, or at least i don´t know how to do it there. ;-(
Have you got a hint, how to only get the eye and export them in .obj ?

Thank you.
Martin.

exactly the same eye:

1 Like

Thank you for the answer, i had to download it from the launcher. But now they corrected the download of the photorealistic character with the eye geometry in it. Perfekt. :wink:

Hey guys I just got started with UE and I’m trying to find a guide or a tutorial on how to export a third person character out of this photorealistic character but I can’t find anything is there a way to create a body and export into an FBX?

Hello,

I can’t seem to find the download option anywhere and it doesn’t show up in my search in Marketplace. Can someone please show me where I can dowload it?