Big question: Will my computer easily handle Unreal Engine 4?

Hello everyone. In the near future, I am planning to upgrade/complete my PC So that I can comfortably prototyping games in Unreal Engine 4.
In the coming years I will not be able to jump into more powerful equipment, because every penny I put in other things (home renovation and others) I want finally start my adventure on UE4 and don’t delay it anymore, so I ask you to evaluate my crappy config.

• Mobo: Gigabyte EP45T-Extreme (LGA 775)
  • CPU: Intel Core 2 Extreme QX9770 3.2GHz 12MB cache (4x cores, overclocked to 4GHz)
  • RAM: Kingston 4x4GB (16GB) ddr3 1333MHz CL9 (2Rx8 16-chip)
  • GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1070 Founders Edition 8GB
  • PSU: 650W
  • and others… HDD: 1TB, SSD: 128GB, OS: Win7 Ultimate x64

There is some things what I don’t have yet, what I wrote but I planning it to buy and I have a dilemma with this, whether to go forward in this config to gamedev or buy almost everything better with these 32GB rams, etc. as writes in the official recommendations from Epic Games for a good computer for the game production in UE4. But it would costs a lot more… So… my config vs. that in recommendations - it make such a big difference in comfortable using of UE4?

In new AAA games, there will definitely be no lags etc, but creating a game is something completely different, so I ask that question.

Particularly bothered me, When I want to create something on a very large, stuffed of a many of objects open-world map with a lot of opponents on the screen a-la Serious Sam with nice number of polygons will not to slow down and lag this old CPU and only 16Gigs of RAM. I’m very interested in the answers, cause I’m not sure if the hardware will handle it for many hours to work on high detail graphics with high-res textures in my prototypes, lots of polygons on characters/world/whole screen, real-time physics of water, sand/dust/snow and a variety of Nvidia addons such as HairWorks, PhysX, Waveworks, Faceworks, etc. without the lags. Offcourse I want only testing/prototyping games on this hardware right now, not creating full game.

Greetings and waiting for reply. :slight_smile:

Looks like it well over the min specs.
Should do fine.

See Recommended Specs.

It will work fine. The older dual core processor could make lightmap build times a bit slow, but that won’t stop you.