preview Window 16:9 Fullscreen?

Hi,

if i start my game in VR preview it is possible the window make 16:9 and Fullscreen to record a Trailer?

if using Oculus Rift, bring up the console and type ‘hmd mirror mode 4’

No i use HTC Vive

You’ll have to tinker with UE4’s source then.

I followed this tutorial.

i cant found the UE4.sln to rebuild i use 4.15 Blueprint Project

You have to rebuild UE4 from the source.
Head to the unrealengine git, download with a git client or as a zip and follow the instructions setup the engine. Then apply the tutorial I gave you before compiling everything.

the link dont work!

You need to link your UE4 account to a github account.

OK now the download work but whats next install the engine new? or what?

Select the branch you want to use (ie 4.14/4.15/…) then follow these instructions.

but what is this? new install of engine? i have alreadey install the engine via launcher.

You need to modify the sources of UE4 to be able to have a fullscreen VR preview without the black bars. So yes, that’s a new installation outside the launcher.

ist not possible with launcher Version?

Nope, you either have to use UE4’s source or deal with it.

ok the install from Setup.bat is finish but where are the exe for start?

Work thank you!!!

As this topic pops up so often: can’t someone submit a patch for the launcher version in the official git? Maybe as additional mirror mode? Because I think Epic ignores this or doesn’t care since version 4.11?

Agreed… to me this seems like kind of a big deal that VR games for Vive, one of the top VR headsets out there, cannot be published with a 16:9 mirror option without having to completely rebuild the engine. It’s jumping through hoops to do something that should be simple and basic.

Hi !
My VR preview is in 16/9 in fullscreen now, but it is possible to have a good resolution like HD or 2K ?

Yes, that would be great. I’ve tried a bunch of methods including changing settings like r.screenres r.screenperecentage but my VR preview output is at the same resolution.