User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Scissor2D - A new 2D toolkit plugin

Luminary
    Super excited and I love that 2D button at the top of the screen

Great work! Thanks for the update, really exciting stuff.

I don't think it's been mentioned specifically, but with regard to tilemaps and layers: What do you think about a configurable parallax rate for orthographic layers that you can set per layer, which is tied to camera movement, and preview-able within the 2D editor view?

Fully supporting this.

Go get'em tiger!
    Fighting Game Template: PROJECT: Unreal Fighter 2D

Quote Originally Posted by dbInteractive View Post
    What do you think about a configurable parallax rate for orthographic layers ?
    Yes i can see that being very useful. I need to have a think about adding it to the layer itself or as a helper component you can add somehow. either way I'll add it to the list!

I am currently planning out how the integrated texture atlasing will work and I have a poll running over here for some feedback:

https://forums.unrealengine.com/showthread.php?146593-Ideal-sprite-atlas-creation-system

If you could fill it out with your ideas, that would be grand

Supporter
    This is looking really cool so far. I've always felt that Paper2D was really lacking, so I can't wait to see where this goes!

Hello! Scissor2D now has a public documentation only repository where you can track the development roadmap:

https://github.com/beepdavid/Scissor2D

Currently the release milestones are setup to be:

1.0 - Core functionality (renderer, asset pipeline, atlasing), Animated Sprites and Tilemaps
    2.0 - Skeletal Animation, Terrain Maps, 2D Lighting

Though I may split the release after 1.0 into smaller features. Currently there is no timescale on this work just yet, as it's a bit to early to be making accurate estimates, but 1.0 feels like the around the end of summer. Please feel free to comment on any issues you see or add feature requests as issues for any ideas you have, otherwise any feedback via this forum is also very welcome!

( you can also follow progress via my twitter @beepdavid )

Luminary
    Quote Originally Posted by Structure View Post

Hello! Scissor2D now has a public documentation only repository where you can track the development roadmap:

1.0 - Core functionality (renderer, asset pipeline, atlasing), Animated Sprites and Tilemaps

Though I may split the release after 1.0 into smaller features. Currently there is no timescale on this work just yet, as it's a bit to early to be making accurate estimates, but 1.0 feels like the around the end of summer. Please feel free to comment on any issues you see or add feature requests as issues for any ideas you have, otherwise any feedback via this forum is also very welcome!

Progress

How are things proceeding?

Quote Originally Posted by jacobgood1 View Post
    How are things proceeding?
    Things are going good! thanks for asking

You can always get a high level overview of where we are with the milestones by looking at this page here (though I'm thinking of actually splitting this into finer grain releases).

https://github.com/beepdavid/Scissor2D/milestones

But some "tasks" on the milestone list are quite large so have internal subtasks whose progress will not show up on the main tracker. Currently I'm putting together the core of the plugin, you can see the progress here on this project

https://github.com/beepdavid/Scissor2D/projects/1

Writing everything to a production quality is certainly going to feel slower then when I was prototyping so there may be larger gaps between progress updates then before.
    Last edited by Structure; 06-19-2017 at 12:21 PM.

...Writing everything to a production quality is certainly going to feel slower then when I was prototyping so there may be larger gaps between progress updates then before.
    That is great to hear, and I have no shortage of patience when it comes to good work. You're already 10x more responsive than I would've expected. I've got my eye on that repo!

This looks incredible. Please keep up the amazing work.

Also, 2D Skeletal Animation++.
    @thereisnoscotty
    Grand Marshal of the Parade of Madfellows

Infiltrator
    Have you tried contacting Epic where you could just work on this as an official replacement to Paper 2D?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12