PhysX wheels not aligning properly

Hey everybody.

It looks like I’ve stumbled upon a problem. I’ve reimported my skeletal vehicle mesh, resizing it to Unreal units, but now my wheel colliders are not aligning properly. I’ve changed the PhysXVehicles.VehicleWheel to reflect the new change, but apparently the offset is way off (and it looks like it’s using the old positions).

I’ve tried reimporting it, deleting it and then importing it, but they always end up in the same place.

Here’s what I’m talking about:

What gives?

when you re-scaled in your 3d program you have to reset the scale, i would advise using bones for rigging, eg remove the skin weighting , sclae the mesh and reset then place the bones in the correct location and re-skin

I actually didn’t resize it in the 3D software, I just checked the “Convert FBX units to Unreal units” in the import dialog.

But I’ll try reskinning and see how it goes.

EDIT: Reskinning did bupkis, unfortunately.

Solved!

I forgot the System Unit Setup in 3ds max, so that was throwing the engine off.

Remember kids, it’s not enough to just set your Display Unit Scale, System Unit Setup must be dealt with as well!

Untitled-1.png

On YouTube you have nice tutorial on how to import custom skeletal mesh for vehicle with no skinning :wink:

[QUOTE=Miro-zg;690562]
On YouTube you have nice tutorial on how to import custom skeletal mesh for vehicle with no skinning :wink:https://youtube.com/watch?v=qRxxHp5QR6Y[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it’s pretty good, but you still need to have proper scaling. :smiley:

Like you can see in tutorial ,scaling is base , people dont pay attention to that and then are surprised their vehicles fly around.