UnrealGB - GameBoy Emulator to use in the UE

Hello guys,
no idea why i’m doing this, but anyway.
Not much to show off at the moment because i’m writing the cpu instructions right now.
Actually my plan was to write it in blueprint only, but i’ve ditched that plan when i realised there’s not even an exposed function to read binary files and no way to get the 16bit registers working without way too hacky solutions.

CPU:
CPU steps / instruction handling / registers / tick management are working, have to write the cpu instructions. (~30 / 256 finished)
MMU:
Memory management is working, you can load up a rom, read / write memory. Memory banking for bigger roms (>32k) is not working yet.

GPU:
only dummy functions implemented, rendering is not working yet.

SPU:
not implemented yet

Input:
not implemented yet

Interrupts:
not implemented yet

Will be open source on github as soon as the cpu runs with a dummy rom.

Cheers.

A ridiculous project that would not even be usable in any commercial game, but still… awesome.

Good luck with it!

This is amazing :smiley:

Shouldn’t be a problem as long as you don’t include games. But i’m no lawyer, don’t count on my words.

CPU instructions are finished, going to write small debug functions, smash it together and see if it’s (hopefully) working.

Cheers. :slight_smile:

e/ Well, seems like i’m still missing something for tetris. But at least a debug rom is running fine.

p27JuqE.jpg

GPU test rendering (without sprites).
Still pretty broken, crashing, slow and not working. But something’s atleast working.

You can find the code on my github now:

Needs some cleanup / changes and it still needs alot of work. But if someone’s interested.

is it possible to download and use this type of GameBoy Emulator on Windows PC because when I click it on Github I can’t download it may be the link is broken or the file? Any suggestions or the creator if it’s still active on this forum to share the link of his work to try it.