Physics Based Sword Collision in VR

I am attempting to make an RPG for the Oculus Touch/Vive, and am in the process of creating a physics based combat system. My end goal is to emulate the combat system seen in the game “GORN”, shown here: Most Brutal VR Game Ever - GORN - YouTube

I am very new to unreal, so i don’t know where to get the resources to learn how to do this. I have tried searching, and all i can find is how to attach the sword to the hand model using sockets. I would like to emulate the physics based swords that cannot pass though any objects, but instead bend around it. The way GORN implemented this makes it feel very real and impactful. If anyone has any threads that can point me in the right direction, it would be helpful

There’s a lot of general physics settings you’ll need to study, but I’d also suggest checking out the Robo Recall Modkit. One of the first things I liked about Robo Recall was that fact that the melee weapons(robot arms and legs) were not clipping through the robots you attack and instead bending/sliding along the surface. Easier to notice in the “office” level with one of the robots that doesn’t have any moving joints.

Thanks for the suggestion, I will definitely check that out!

You’ll want to enable Kinematic CCD on the player weapon, I’m not sure if it’s in 4.15 or will be in 4.16, though.