Sequencer Animation Blending Not Working

Hey y’all,

I upgraded to 4.15 a few days ago and I’ve been enjoying the changes, but one thing I don’t understand is the new feature for Level Sequences: animation blending. I can’t get it to work. I’ve watched what few tutorials there are on the feature, and I’m copying them exactly, but no luck so far. According to what I’ve read and seen, all I need to do is put two animations in the track and overlay each of them, then add some keys for each.

ue4_seq_anim_blend_issue.png

The Weight on the top track goes from 1.0 to 0.0, while the Weight on the bottom goes from 0.0 to 1.0. That should do the trick, shouldn’t it?

But for me, no blending occurs. As soon as the second animation plays, it overrides the first with an ugly, sharp cut.

Is there a step I’m missing? Any help is appreciated.

Have a lovely day, by the way.

EDIT: Discovered that the animations do blend, but only in PIE or Standalone. In the editor itself, the blending doesn’t occur. That’s annoying, but not ultimately a big deal, I guess. Still, if anyone has experienced a similar issue, I’m wondering if there’s a fix for this.

Hey buddy! If you are still waiting for this, don’t despair, youre not alone. If you have found a solution, please feel free to share!!

Have a nice day :slight_smile: