Pokemon open-world game[looking for programmers, sound artists, landscapers, modelers and animators]

Introduction
Hi there awesome people of the internet!
I am gathering people to develope this game that i have been thinking about (i did some research, ill get to it later) and I would realy appretiate the help!

About the game
Basicly its a pokemon 3d open-world rpg, with real time combat, anime based worlds and highly focusing on interaction between pokemon and trainers. but thats very basic.
This game will have mmo like combat, only this time its with pokemon. the pokemon still have stats and natures and abilities and moves, but those abilities and stats and moves will have a different effect then in the main games.
For example:
Just take a move like protect, in the main games, it blocks all damage from being inflicted on the user. but in this game, it would block a certain amount of damage, rather then all damage and its durability would depend on move level (ill get to that later) and the defense stat of the user and his/her bond with the trainer. so when you use the move, it wont stop all the damage but most of it, and if the attacking pokemon doesnt deal enough damage, it wont affect you at all.
Also some moves will have battle field effects, or get boosts when used in a certain environment, like using blizzard on a snowy mountain top, or sand tomb in a desert. some moves will affect the battlefield, and unlike hail or sandstorm, its not only a weather condition. For example if you were to use ice beam on the battle field, it would make the ground slippery.

interaction
When you travel the open world, you can let your pokemon out of the pokeball as long as there is enough space for them to inhabit. when you do let them out, they will follow you or sit on your character, and they will passively gain Bond-exp, which is a second type of experience points needed to let a pokemon evolve. your pokemon can find items at random and sniff out other pokemon for you to battle. but they require food when they are out of the pokeball, which will cost money. you can pet and feed them for more Bond-exp.

Tracking Pokemon
When you are wandering around in the world, you can sometimes find foot prints, claw marks or half eaten berries, which are tracks of a pokemon that is nearby, and if you want to find that pokemon, you have to follow the trail. these pokemon are more rare, have overall better ivs and have a higher chance to be shiny.

Battling
When you engage a pokemon, you will get to choose the pokemon you want to send out. you can use 4 moves, you can dodge or you can block. when the battle starts, you will take controll of your pokemon, but only from your trainers point of view. your character will circle around the battle field to give you a good view of what is happening. when your wild opponent pokemon gets bellow half health, it might try to flee the battle, depending on its nature. if you lower it down far enough, you can try to catch it.

And a lot more to come…

If you want to help out, add me on discord:

Thanks for reading, leave any suggestions you have, ill look at them.

You can’t make a Pokemon game, Nintendo will not allow that

I think this should be linked every time somebody wants to make a fan game.

How would you explain the large amount of fan-games made, and not sued? its because they didnt harm the franchise by disclaiming that they dont own the IP, and they dont accept any money or donations.
But just to be sure ill ask nintendo and ill leave the response .
But off-topic, how do you like the idea? is it good?

There are tons of projects that have been shut down and even sued for doing fan games, just because some didn’t get shut down doesn’t make it safe to do.
A quick google search gives multiple fan made pokemon games that got shut down by Nintendo. Pokémon Prism, Pokémon Uranium and Pokénet were just the first three results I found.
Put your talent towards making an original game inspired by Pokémon instead so you don’t have to worry about suddenly getting shut down and sued for your hard work.

I remember playing a MMO pokemon game called Pokemon Omega.
It was pretty good but it got shutdown.

I’m sure you can come up with a better idea than the insane nonsense that is pokemon, just think of the delivery system of the monsters a trainer spits out and do away with the tournament concept. The creatures are just like whatever the creator thinks of in a toilet session, they may be original but they really are stupid when you think about it. You could focus on creature creation a little more that the creators of pokemon and actually make them have some sense and have a footing in reality, even settle for 10 creatures instead of pokemons 1000000 creatures (a lot of toilet breaks).

I would also think about this carefully “3d open-world rpg” as building worlds is as extensive as it sounds, I’m building interiors for a 3 story building atm, and that’s taking weeks/months - so you can imagine how many 3d modelers/level designers you’re going to need. But the “fan game” is a definite no unless you acquire the permissions from Nintendo, but don’t lose hope - just do the research.

The topic I’m creating a Fan-based game of so and so comes up often. I took a verbal scolding on my Fan based game idea The Arrowhead Project inspired by Stephen King’s The MIST. I aborted pursuing that project and any other fan-based stuff. I’m very glad I did so I can work on my own Intellectual Property and benefit from all of my hard work.

There are so many possibilities for a new Evolving Monster, Digital Pet, Monster Collecting (CCG) RPG Hybrid. There are many other games like pokemon that could use some love from fans. But I would vote to create your own, something unique. I would definitely like to see one with Photorealism.

I like FPS Games, and the Evolving Monsters Concept that comes to mind is one in which you Collect Monsters that transform into Armor & Guns with various Powers and Attributes for you to Battle inside Combat Arenas: Bo Mo Go Yo.

Ultimately, the challenge with developing any game of this sort is going to be the variety of monsters you can provide. Too bad, you cannot access the massive collection of monsters on the Sporepedia. Have no fear, for that reason and many others, I’m developing MonstaMASH!

Good Luck to you.

Guys, this thread is months old.