Mixed Reality Architectural Visualization

I’ve been working on a mixed reality video to showcase what we do with architectural visualization in UE4. At some point, I’ll expand upon this and create a larger production - hopefully after Epic provides official MR video support in UE4. This was shot using the new HTC Vive Tracker.

Thoughts? Feedback?

I’ve posted a blog to explain our process:

I enjoyed reading the blog, sounds straightforward. Thanks. The video capture is always in the foreground though, am I right?

Looking forward to engine support for MR as much as you guys are too probably. I want to use it to entertain people who are waiting to try out my VR experience or are just curious as they pass by.

Thanks! Yes, the video capture is always in the foreground. You could theoretically make it work if you felt like rotoscoping or using multiple depth passes, but that couldn’t be done quickly with this method.

Great stuff. Good luck and keep us posted when you update the blog.

Mixed Reality Video

Hi .

Great post. We have tried your approach but with no success. Probably because of our own ignorance!!! Can you just give us a tip on how you managed to output the view of the second camera to allow capturing it for composition? We are stuck on that part.

Thanks

Hey Bochi! I actually just used OBS to screen capture the 2nd camera’s display. You can grab a free download here: https://obsproject.com/

If you have access to a capture card or more lightweight video capture system, you would probably have much better results. Make sure to match your framerate and resolution to avoid headaches. Let me know if I can help!

Hi ,

Thanks for your reply, actually my question is a bit more basic, as we simply haven’t been able to display a 2nd player view in my desktop while displaying the Player 1 view in VR. We’re fairly new to UE4 so there’s surely something we’re missing, it’d be great if you could give us some tips on this or point us in the right direction, thanks!