User Tag List

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Able Ability System Info and Support Thread

Quote Originally Posted by jwyuen View Post
    My NPC runs up to me then stands there
    I put print string Attacking with delay of 5 and its doing it fine.
    Anything special has to be done for AI to use this plugin?
    As Aumaan mentioned, check how your Play Animation Task is setup. As long as you are using the AI Play Ability Behavior Tree Task, it'll work just like a player using the skill.

EDIT: If you're doing things purely through blueprints, I'd verify that you have the Ability variable set properly on the AI in the level itself. When all else fails, check the log output - it'll tell you why an Ability failed to play.
    Last edited by ExtraLifeMatt; 05-25-2017 at 10:47 AM.
    Able Ability System - A high performance, robust ability system for UE4. Now Available!

Quote Originally Posted by Hitsugen View Post
    Hey Matt,

Reporting a bug,
    When I add a Branch task on a brand new ability, the editor instantly crashes.

On older abilities that already have a branch task its no problem. From the stack trace it looks like it has to do with the new task descriptions feature.
    Cheers
    Thanks Hitsugen, I'll look into this. In the meantime you can disable the Descriptive Task names in the Ability Editor options.
    Able Ability System - A high performance, robust ability system for UE4. Now Available!

Infiltrator
    Hi it's sorted. Thanks. Gonna do a couple of able enemy things and use random integer and let them do random combat abilities. Gonna be making 100 enemies and bosses so this add on will speed things up a lot for me. Customizing via blueprints really makes what you can do endless using your add on and ai behaviour toolkit.

Hi it's sorted. Thanks. Gonna do a couple of able enemy things and use random integer and let them do random combat abilities. Gonna be making 100 enemies and bosses so this add on will speed things up a lot for me. Customizing via blueprints really makes what you can do endless using your add on and ai behaviour toolkit.
    Awesome, glad you got things figured out!

*cough* Don't forget to rate and comment on the store page. *cough*

Infiltrator
    haha Alright.
    I rated you 5/5 Stars man!
    Keep updates going also!
    4.16 is out and so far its really awesome.
    Loving new features. I will transfer project over once you do update for it!
    UE4 Is the best!!!

haha Alright.
    I rated you 5/5 Stars man!
    Keep updates going also!
    4.16 is out and so far its really awesome.
    Loving new features. I will transfer project over once you do update for it!
    UE4 Is the best!!!
    I'm working on it. I got 4.16 downloaded, installed, PS4 SDK updated, etc all done last night. So I'll hopefully make some good progress on it tonight and hopefully get it running and start testing things.

Infiltrator
    Awww if you need help testing give me a shout

Just submitted v1.51 which has 4.16 support and fixes that annoying crash that came in 1.5 with the descriptive titles (sorry!). Should be out soon.

1.51 is up, 4.16 support is live! Enjoy and, as always, please report any issues.

YES!!!! That's awesome!

@ExtraLifeMatt
    I just got a crash in the showcase map in 4.16 (using Able v1.51)

Walking back and forth to activate/deactivate the "collisions sweep" showcase causes a crash. I was able to repeat this crash. Just stand on the very edge of the detection and walk back and fourth as fast as you can to trigger the collision sweep and it will crash.

Quote Originally Posted by Aumaan Anubis View Post
    @ExtraLifeMatt
    I just got a crash in the showcase map in 4.16 (using Able v1.51)

Walking back and forth to activate/deactivate the "collisions sweep" showcase causes a crash. I was able to repeat this crash. Just stand on the very edge of the detection and walk back and fourth as fast as you can to trigger the collision sweep and it will crash.
    Interesting. I haven't played with the Showcase Map in 4.16 yet, I'll check it out.

Hi!
    First of all - finally bought the plugin
    Second - what is REALM: "total realms" ? Its not in documentation.

Quote Originally Posted by AngeIV View Post
    Hi!
    First of all - finally bought the plugin
    Second - what is REALM: "total realms" ? Its not in documentation.
    That's just an internal value, it's meaningless. You shouldn't be seeing it (although I've seen it pop up if you update from 4.14 to 4.15 due to enum changes between those versions). Just set it to Client/Server/ClientAndServer depending on your needs.

I've downloaded the plugin today and I got only 4.15 and 4.16 didn't update the project. I see it on all the assets.

I will test everything before coming back with questions. However as for now I must say its in the TOP 3 best assets I've got from marketplace. Funny thing is all of those 3 are plugins And many "project templates" that are extremely popular are literaly useless.

Quote Originally Posted by AngeIV View Post
    I've downloaded the plugin today and I got only 4.15 and 4.16 didn't update the project. I see it on all the assets.

I will test everything before coming back with questions. However as for now I must say its in the TOP 3 best assets I've got from marketplace. Funny thing is all of those 3 are plugins And many "project templates" that are extremely popular are literaly useless.
    Hmm, that's really weird... Yea, let me know if it causes you any problems. It could be a display thing, but that still scares me a bit since I've never heard of that happening before (and most of that is just straight engine code).

Thanks for the praise. Let me know if you have any questions. I'm going to get another video hopefully sometime this weekend (I have a work thing on Sunday, so it'll likely be a Monday thing since its a holiday in the US and I have a rare day of nothing planned).

EDIT: To be clear, if you download one of the Showcases and didn't update that - then it would make sense. But if its on your own project, then please report back with any issues.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234