[TUTORIAL] Simple "Firemode" Pistol Mod

Update: I added a second video showing how to limit the max number of burst shots auto-fired on each trigger pull.

Hi, someone requested how to make a weapon with “firemode” that lets you switch your gun between single-shot and automatic modes so I created a short tutorial showing how to do that. :slight_smile:

FYI the audio in the video is quiet at the beginning but gets loud about halfway through.

NOTE: I think I left out one detail from the video and that is for the motion controller face button events make sure you uncheck “consume input” and “override parent binding” as shown at 0:53 in the video.

Have Fun!
-TMEK

Thank you very much, tmek. I never knew you could get access to the controllers like that. It worked perfect with your set up.

Now I gotta figure out how I can make a gun fire X bullets in a burst.

Can I bother you for some pointers on a way to implement a burst? I’m running an extremely low spec machine so it takes me a long time to rummage through functions in blueprints.

Looking at the gun_base class, it looks like only single shot or fully automatic is supported.

I looked into a bit (spent a good 6 hours on it yesterday), but couldn’t come to a conclusion.

(Thought about catching the fired event in the custom gun BP’s EG (event graph). If burst is enabled then send my own fired events from the remainder of shots in the burst. Unfortunately, it seems only the base class can send those events.)

@ Hi, no bother at all! I am happy to help as it helps me learn more myself. :slight_smile:

I’ll update the original post with a second video showing how to mod your gun to fire a max number of burst shots each time the trigger is pulled.

Sorry for the laggy response. You are the man. Thank you! You make look so easy. Did it the first try.

I’ll upload a link to the gun as soon as it’s done; soon, all thanks to you!