Functional Mod vs Content mod

Hi, I’ve just started my mod kit download and I’ve been looking into the system and so far I can only see how it tells you to create a content mod with new enemies or maps. I’ve got a pretty big problem with the angle that the guns sit in my hands in VR and I really wanted to just create a mod that let me modify the grip angle relative to the controllers for tracking so my aim feels more natural. Where would I go to find those pieces of the game that I can start playing with the code? :slight_smile: Any help would be much appreciated.

Hi omega392, If you wanted to make a mod to custom offset the orientation of how guns rest in your hands, i’m pretty sure you would do that in

“/Game/Character/Player/Avatars/BP_DefaultHand”

It has a “WeaponPhysicsHandle” component used to hold whatever you pick up in the world. Start with the function “Grab actor with Phys Handle”.

I imagine you could just adjust the transform before calling “GrabComponentAtLocationWithRotation”. Keep in mind that this is how all objects are picked up, not just weapons (e.g. coffee cups, trophies in the Office etc.) so you will have to do some logic there to account for that.

I hope this helps, if you get into it and have further questions fire away.

-tmek