User Tag List

Thread: 2D Time Management Game Cargo Capitalist

2D Time Management Game Cargo Capitalist

Hi everyone, I am currently working on a 2D time management game called Cargo Capitalist.

In the game, you can:

-Ship Cargo and People to hundreds of locations all over the world and earn money and XP
    -Find Vehicle Parts and craft over 100+ vehicles from 4 different categories: Cars, Boats, Planes and Trains
    -Buy or rent new vehicles
    -Upgrade vehicles to give them better fuel range, more fuel, more cargo/passenger capacity and more
    -Perform maintenance on vehicles to keep them in top working order
    -Complete over 90+ missions
    -Earn Achievements

The game is close to being done Programming wise, but has a long way to go Art wise.

I want to make the game as fun as it can be for a game of this type and I think i'll get there in time. Here is a video of the most current Alpha version we have done, Alpha 1.12:

As you can see we have a LOT of work to do on the UI and art. Those will come once the mechanics and programming aspect are all done.

Also I have started a GoFundMe in case anyone wants to help out with development, mainly the visual aspect of it. Art is very expensive and it will take me a very long time to complete by myself, so any donation is appreciated. However if not that's fine, even a simple comment telling me what you think and/or what you would like to see in the game would be just as valuable.

https://www.gofundme.com/2d-time-management-game
    Last edited by Chay Hawk; 03-19-2017 at 09:49 PM.

UPDATE: 3/26/2017 - Version 1.14 Alpha

-We have implemented Missions system, missions are now working.
    -We implemented Vehicle parts system and vehicle crafting. Some vehicles can only be crafted. All vehicles have parts that deteriorate over time and must be fixed or replaced. You can find new parts that have random stats as well. Some parts can only be found randomly in cargo or by completing events and missions.
    -We implemented Background Music
    -Implemented Vehicle retiring, you can remove vehicles from active service if you no longer use them. You can place them in your inventory and use them for spare parts or sell them. They can be re-circulated at any time.
    -Added Vehicle parts market, currently cannot buy parts.
    -Re worked Market screen for better navigation and layout in general.
    -Added Headquarters. Players can now choose any city in the world upon starting a new game as their HQ. This will give certain bonuses in the future but for now does nothing.
    -Can name their business

We plan on adding these things in the future

-Infinite upgrade system. You can find upgrade chips that will add stats to vehicles to make them better, such as increased fuel range, speed, cargo weight capacity, passenger capacity etc.
    -Notification system. This will notify you when vehicles are done upgrading, arriving at destination, events and more.
    -A few more things that im unsure of at the moment.
    -Achievement System
    Last edited by Chay Hawk; 03-26-2017 at 06:43 PM.

New update notes.