Is it ok to Design a Level in Blender then Import it to UE?

I’m not too used to Editing levels in UE and I think it would be quicker for me if i can just create my level geometry through Blender then import it to use it on UE, I read few guides on google about import stuff from blender to UE though I’m still not sure about entire levels, Is it ok ?

I’m asking before I start working on the level to see if i have to go through the trouble of learning level editing for UE from the beginning, Thanks in advance.

You can do as you please. But as far as I would recommend I would try to do as much of the level designing as possible inside of Unreal. Reason being workflow and modularity. You can easily group and organize the stuff you place in your level through the world outliner.

Regarding this case, there seems to be two different schools of thought, one side will tell you to design it in UE all the way the other including myself will tell you otherwise, but this highly depends on your own workflow needs, game type and scale, and your team’s approach.

We design and place most of our assets, animation planning and structure of the game as a previz outside the engine in a 3d software before importing it into the engine. This method is also used by some large studios such as “Naughty dog” and is also the only method that makes sense and works for us. Especially if the game is a character based cinematic action with cutscenes and specific cinematographic areas.

Eventually you will have to bring it all into the engine and test the playthrough and make the last bit of changes there.

This also depends on your game type, if it is a generic FPS or you have just a landscape you are walking around on with some assets here and there then you may not need to do anything in terms of assembly/design outside the engine.